Going to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza

Going to the 2013 Italian Grand Prix at Monza

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)
  • Author

Discussion area for people going to the 2013 Italian Grand Prix.

Bartek
    Participant

Definitely, and going to do it again same way as this year – best experience in my life so far – slept on the race track and camp site for free – shared drinks and food with Italians, Germans and 2 English :) which are called Ascari Gang :) they’re one big very happy family :)

thx to all the people i met during last few days it was a pleasure :)
    Best regards
    Bartek known as Felipe Massa on the camp site :D hahaha

AJB
    Participant

I went in 2011 and really loved it. I’m planning on being at the 2013 event.

Last time I sat at Alta Velocita 6A and was very happy with the view. Also put me in a good position for a post-race podium sprint down the main drag.

Only thing I’m gonna do different next time round is try find accommodation in Monza. The commute from Milan was just a bit too long for my liking.

Stephanie Nash
    Participant

Hi,

Hoping to go Spa & Monza next year. Can any one give me details of the best place to camp in Monza? Somewhere close to the track would be awesome! :)

Thanks, Steph :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m seriously considering going again. Went with Grandstand tours this year and it was fantastic ! The campsite at Monza looks brilliant, but as a single female, it’s easier to have it all spoon-fed to me :-)))

AJB
    Participant

Any tips on a good quality hotel, good rates and close to public transport to get to the circuit?

Dimitris 1395
    Participant

There is a big chance of going there. Already searching for tickets, prices and supplementary stuff…

geo132
    Participant

I was supposed to be there 3 weeks ago but plans got cancelled. Definitely going next year. How long is the trip from Milan to the race track? Also, anybody knows when do they start selling tickets?

sbl on tour
    Participant

the sbl on tour are back to F1 for 2013 after a years absence, we did Le Mans this year, and it was brilliant.
    we,re doing Italy this year, flying into Bologna, then its a nights stay in Maranello, hotel is beside the gates, doing the museum, a trip round Fiorano, then its up to Modena for the Ferrari Museum there, after that its up to Monza for Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, staying at a hotel in Monza, 4 miles from the circuit, then its back to NI on monday via Linate
    done monza 1999,2004 and 2006, camping at the lesmos, think Bartek has it sussed, forget all that corporate stuff and mix it with the locals…..memories

Dimitris 1395
    Participant

@geo132 Monza city and circuit are in the eastern outskirts of Milan. Approximately around 3-4 minutes by car and 15 minutes by foot. Tickets are expected to be sold in Summer 2013

geo132
    Participant

@dimitris-1395 That’s a little bit late summer 2013, isn’t it? Surely they have a pre-sale around January or so..

sbl on tour
    Participant

they are due end of oct early nov on the tickets web sites
    geo132, you must drive like alonso to get there that quickly

geo132
    Participant

According to Monza’s official website “Pre sale will begin December 3rd” (first/second picture on the right)

lavine
    Participant

Long time F1 fan and have decided to make Monza 2013 my first live race.
    What’s the story with camping at the circuit? Are there areas for us to pitch our own tents at low cost near the circuit?
    We’ll be going on GA tickets, (unless there’s some good pre-sale discount on some grandstand tickets!) and are hoping to do the pit-walk on Thursday as this is something we would love to do!

Any general advice for attending Monza as someone making their first trip to an F1 circuit?

geo132
    Participant

Tickets are available for sale on the website

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.