Going to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza

Going to the 2016 Italian Grand Prix at Monza

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Are you going to the 2016 Italian Grand Prix at Monza? Join or start a discussion below and swap notes with other people who are going to this race.

You can also find more discussion threads about going to the Italian Grand Prix.

B. Borg
    Participant

I will be there!

Anscombes
    Participant

We are also going to the 2016 Italian Grand Prix and cant wait. Does anyone know the best campsite to use.
    The main circuit campsite doesn’t seem to be open until March but just wondered if anybody had recommendations at all. We have a motorhome so ideally need electric too- thanks

BrawnGP
    Participant

Im going back again after missing last year. Hopefully gonna take my Dad along too. I stay at the F1camping site @Anscombes dont know about electrícity though.

Anscombes
    Participant

Thanks Stefan, we have been looking at campingf1 and the main Monza site, next to the track. Neither are able to take the booking as yet so just waiting on them. The camping f1 is a little bit away from the track and as we have a motorhome, we were a little unsure about getting to and from the track each day. What do you normally do….

BrawnGP
    Participant

Camping F1 have 2 sites to my knowlege. One is next to the track (where alot of motor homes stay) the other one which is further away is mainly for pre errected tents, but there were some motor homes there.

I usually take a tent deal at F1camping. Its a good 25 minute walk to the track but you can also take the train which is very close. (it just doesnt run to the track on raceday)

*Btw booking is now open with camping F1.

Anscombes
    Participant

Thanks Stefan, CampingF1 all booked. I checked but they dont run the campsite next to the track. I think that one is predominantly Italians so have opted for the Camping F1 instead – really looking forward to it

Mick
    Participant

@paulandgin The closest campsite to the track is in the park at the bottom of Via Santa Maria Della Selve. I don’t think you can book it, its a fist come first in but if you’re driving down from Belgium you should be there in good time. I’m not a 100% certain of that but we looked round it a couple of years ago when we were there and i’m sure thats what I heard. It seems a reasonably decent site mostly filled up with motor homes.

We’ve never stayed there but the views from the campsite is great as it backs on to the track at the first corner and from our stand opposite you could see the campers all viewing from the site. I don’t think you even need a race ticket as technically you’re not in the circuit. Again don’t quote me on that.

One of our friends stayed at camping F1 and said that the site was ok but it was a good 2 mile or more walk from the track to the nearest entrance, which is Via Santa Maria Della Selve.

Good luck. Don’t know if you’ve been to either of these races before, but I’ve done both and loved them.

Anscombes
    Participant

Thanks Mick. Have been to Spa before but as GA so this time we opted for grandstand seats as it killed me carting everything around to find a decent spot! You are right about the site next to the Monza track but we have now booked with the camping F1 site so all sorted. Really excited for this year as we are doing 4 GPs in total – cant wait for it all to begin!

Mick
    Participant

4 races thats nice. Most we’ve managed in a year is 3 but the wife gets grumpy if me and our son try to get more than 2 races in a year, so we tend to stick to 2 a year Silverstone and 1 European race. This year we’re going to Hungary for the first time. We always drive and make a week of it. Hopefully it will be nice.

I have to say I’d love to do Spa and Monza back to back but refuse to give up Silverstone to do it. That ones become a bit of a religion. This year will be our 17th on the trot.

Anscombes
    Participant

Its our 25th Anniversary so as we love F1 and not really a big fan of arranging parties, we decided to do 4. We have been to Silverstone 4 years on the trot, staying at woodlands, we absolutely love it! We bought a Motorhome just over a year ago and will do Spa and Monza using that – first time using it in Europe so that should be interesting! Hungary and Austria are both ones we will look to do the following year. Wow you have been doing this for some time Mick but I do agree, the thought of not going to Silverstone just isn’t really an option

Mick
    Participant

Have a great year. When we come back from Hungary I’ll post feedback on the Hungary group. We will probably be there as well next year unless we don’t enjoy it as we tend to go to every race twice as you tend to enjoy the second year more as you know what your doing.

If you need any info give us a shout.

BrawnGP
    Participant

I’ll keep an eye out for you at the campsite Anscombes :-) Met so many nice people there last time.

Anscombes
    Participant

Lol! ok Stefan, we will be in a Rapido/Mercedes motorhome! Please come and say “hi” if you see us :)

Dirk
    Participant

I’m going to Monza GP!! It’s my second GP, after Spa in 2010.

Booked my ticket for the first chichane and will combine this F1 trip with the MotoGP in Misano a week later.

Just a quick question: how difficult is it to get close to the podium after the race? I want to taste the champagne ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.