Going to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza

Going to the 2017 Italian Grand Prix at Monza

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    jgc
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m thinking of returning to the GP at Monza for the first time since 2011. Quick question – does anyone have experience of getting the train from Biassono – Lesmo after the race to Milan? I got the free bus service to Monza Town last time and it was a nightmare for one of the more elderly in our group. We’re thinking of sitting at Ascari this time.
    Any help would be appreciated and will help us decide between Monza and Barcelona.
    Thanks.

ezeyhomero
    Participant

Hi, I took the train from Biassono to Milan after the race this last 2016. Maybe you have to wait one train as a lot of people use it, but it should be no more than 20min.
    Be aware that you can´t buy the ticket there, it´s only included with the combo of trains from Milan – Biassono and Biassono – Milan. And it´s valid ONLY for Saturday race.
    This last year you were able to buy the combo by railroad web page or in the same Milan train station railroad office.
    Hope this helps!

jgc
    Participant

Thanks – that’s a great help and sounds much better than the long wait and cramped journey on the buses.

When you say ONLY for Saturday race, do you mean Saturday and Sunday Race day, or just one or the other?

Thanks.

ezeyhomero
    Participant

sorry, write wrong. I meant Sunday!
    That day, there is a special shuttle service of the train going directly from Milano – Biassono and the back. No stops in the middle, so it´s a 15-20min travel

jgc
    Participant

Perfect – thanks. That’s swung it – I’ll be going to Monza this year!

George O’Donnell
    Participant

I’m moving to Milan from February to September, so going to the Italian Grand Prix is a no brainer!

I will plan to go to the circuit on a non-F1 day to get a feel for the track, but I think it’s likely best to get tickets now before the best seats go. Does anyone have suggestions about where to sit? I’d plan going for the three day weekend. There are a myriad of seating options – possible to get three day tickets in the same grandstand, or one day tickets in different seats.

Ideally I’d like to be near to a TV screen, as I’ll offer to take my parents to the event and my mum doesn’t have a big appreciation of F1. I’m not sure if turn 1 would be that exciting because any DRS passes will have been completed there. No sure about being on the front straight either – often it’s a 1 stop race but the atmosphere there always seems incredible. On the back straight there isn’t often a lot of overtaking. Any advice from people who have been there in the past would be appreciated!

alf88
    Participant

Hi everyone, we’re looking forward to our first F1 race outside Australia this year!

We’re thinking about sitting at Ascari – bit of pace, bit of movement.. Can anyone recommend either grandstand 12 or 16 over the other? We could possibly stretch the budget to stands 13 or 19 if anyone thinks it’s worth it.

If not there – are there any other ‘cheaper’ areas that anyone would recommend? 6a or 6b perhaps?

Thanks in advance!
    :)

BrawnGP
    Participant

I havent sat at Ascari before but I know 6a and b are pretty good, that grandstand is usually totally red and full of the tifosi so if you want to soak up some Italian atmosphere with a good view of turn one then that’s not a bad place. It looks good down at Ascari though, might try that during Friday practice.

Shrv
    Participant

Hi I am planning to watch the race at Monza this yr (my first time there) and am a professional photographer. I was wondering if anyone can help me with this query. I would like to know which is the exciting spot/stand– Vedano N°24, Laterale Destra N°26C or Laterale Sinistra N°4. Any other suggestions are welcome too.
    Thanks in advance.

alf88
    Participant

Thanks, Stefan.

We are now considering 6a/b, but there were proposals last year that turn one was getting scrapped so I’m now investigating if that’s true or not. From the limited information on the ‘Net and sales for 6a/b/c going ahead, I’m assuming the change isn’t happening.

BrawnGP
    Participant

Yeah I was worried about the changes too, but the only mention of it online is one of Keiths articles and he hasnt mentioned it since or answer when anyone asks. I emailed the track and got no reply. I emailed f1.com and they said the tickets are the same as usual and they have not heard of any changes.

alf88
    Participant

Sweet!

Where do you usually stay, Stefan? Monza? Milan?

BrawnGP
    Participant

I use campingF1. Great atmosphere, easy to get to track.

Apologies @brawngp for not following you up earlier on this. I’ve not been able to find out anything further about the plans so can only assume they’re not going through with it. If I get anything more concrete I’ll write it up.

Imre
    Participant

Hi. I consider going to the Italian GP this year and had a look at the grandstands. Have I seen it correctly that seats with a backrest are only fitted on the start/finish straight? There is no chance my back would tolerate a whole day of this kind of stress. (no backrest)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.