Going to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza

Help – Monza virgin!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mild7nick
    Participant

Hello all,

I have been to many european races but never Monza and I’m planning to change that this year, it looks like I may be going alone now so was looking for some top tips.

I’m on a budget but Ive figured I can get plane ticket, hotel for 4 nights and a grandstand seat at parabolica for about £400+ so wondered how easy this is to do as a DIY race so to speak. Is it easy getting from Milan to Monza and what things should I be aware of?

Your info will be much appreciated

Getting from Milan to Monza is quite straightforward by the train. Obviously it gets busy so don’t hang about in the morning.

I loved Monza, you can just breather in the history and atmosphere. It also has some of the better examples of circuit food I’ve found at race tracks of the world.

Caroline Miles
    Participant

As Keith says getting to Monza from Milan by train is easy. The trains run from Milan Centrale Station and were (not sure if still the case) free on Qualifying and Race day. It is very busy and can be a bit manic at times but adds to the experience. Once you arrive in Monza station you follow the signs with the circuit outline on them which take you to the free buses that run from outside the station. These take you straight into the park, however these drop off at a central point and then you have to walk for circa 20 minutes from there to the circuit entrance, then it is another 20 minutes roughly to get to the entrance gates (it is in park remember.) Some of trains also go to the station at the circuit, but only a few, so if you get lucky you may get one of those, othewise just to Monza itself.

I agree with Keith about Monza. It is probably one of the cheaper races to attend in Europe but the atmosphere is amazing. Food wise, yes would agree again. Decent quality and not to ott re price.

AndrewTanner
    Participant

Agree with the two posts above me.

I’m a UK resident and it was easier getting to Monza via public transport than it was to Silverstone, no exaggeration!

Check out the Monza race group to see if there’s folk you can pal up with. I considering it for Spa.

Mild7nick
    Participant

Thanks for your tips guys, me and a mate have now booked flights and a grandstand seat on the pit straight in the end so just need to find a suitable hotel likely in Milan centre so we can soak up the atmosphere and get the trains in easily

Kingshark
    Participant

I must admit, I laughed out loud when reading the title! :p

Mild7nick
    Participant

Thanks for all that info and the heads up Mutley, very much appreciated! We have a hotel thursday – monday very close to the central sation in Milan so should be able to do that relatively easily. Looking forward to checking out the historical banking although wish I was staying longer so we could have visted Maranello.

Andrew
    Participant

Can someone give me some pointers on the camping please. I can only find the camping with pre erected tents and it is a rip!! Want to put my own up!
    Unless it is reasonably cheap to stay in Milan and travel?

craig
    Participant

Andrew, You can camp at the circuit, you can either just turn up or you can pre book it through monza’s website. If you pre book then has to be a minimum of 4 nights.

Mild7nick
    Participant

So I am all booked but was looking for some tips from those who have been before, I am flying into Malpensa airport, how much am I looking at to get a taxi from there to Milan centre? Or is there a bus that operates?

Caroline Miles
    Participant

Depends what time you arrive in Malpensa, but there is a bus that goes from the airport to Milan Centrale Train Station which was from what I can remember very reasonable.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.