Going to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza

Monza banking

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Roger Holtman
    Participant

Hello,
    Our family is planning to attend the Italian GP Sept. 6 (our first). I have always wanted to walk on the banking. Can someone please tell me whether that would be a possibility either on race day or on the day after? Any other advice on attending will be greatly appreciated. I have read a lot of the advice already posted in other forums.
    Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

The answer to this is: yes! Once the race is over, the track is fully open to walk around. There is free access to the old banking, which can be easily reached from the main track. When I went (which was 1988 and 1993, a long time ago!) the track had disintegrated very badly, but it was resurfaced a few years ago. You wouldn’t believe how steep it is, to the point you can’t stand upright on it.

Incidentally, don’t bother buying general admission tickets at Monza, you’ll see nothing. The Italian’s rope off big sections of the general admission enclosure and stay there all day. And it is very hot at that time of year out there, so take plenty of sun cream.

Enjoy!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.