Going to the Korean Grand Prix at Korea International Circuit

“Gangnam Style” PSY to perform at Korean Grand Prix

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

In an inspired move, the Korean Grand Prix organisers are getting the star of viral hit “Gangnam Style” to perform at this year’s race.

Press release and video below:

With his global hit Gangnam Style recording almost 300 million hits on YouTube, Korean superstar recording artist PSY has been announced as the 2012 Formula 1 Korean Grand Prix Ambassador by the Korean Grand Prix Organising Committee.

Rapper PSY, whose song Gangnam Style has taken the world by storm since it debuted on YouTube on July 15 this year, will perform an exclusive concert for all grandstand ticket holders at the Korea International Circuit (KIC) following the Formula 1 Korean Grand Prix on Sunday, October 14.

Commented PSY: “As the ambassador, I will try my best to make the Formula 1 Korean Grand Prix a success with people from all over the world. I look forward to bringing Gangnam Style to the glamorous world of F1, and welcome everyone to Korea for this great race!”

PSY, who has taught his extraordinary dance moves to the likes of Britney Spears and Ellen DeGeneres, and whose hit song has sparked tribute videos around the world, has reached new heights with Gangnam Style, including an entry in the Guinness Book of World Records as the most “‘liked’ video in YouTube history”.

In addition to PSY’s concert on October 14, the weekend’s concerts on Friday, October 12 and Saturday, October 13 including some of K-Pop’s hottest stars.

Tickets are available at official Formula 1 ticket sales outlets, including http://www.koreangp.kr and http://www.formula1.com. Only grandstand ticket holders have access to the weekend’s concerts.

Said Mr. Joon-Yung Park, Governor of Jeonnam Province and the head of the Korean Grand Prix Organising Committee: “I am delighted to welcome PSY as the ambassador of the Formula 1 Korean Grand Prix. Just as Formula 1 has global appeal, the fun-loving Korean culture reflected in K-Pop has also proved a major hit across the planet, and there is no one better than PSY to promote both our country and our Grand Prix.”

This year marks the third Formula 1 Korean Grand Prix, following its debut in 2010. The 5.615km Korea International Circuit was designed by the world-renowned architect Hermann Tilke and incorporates local elements such as the roof of the main grandstand, which resembles the eaves of traditional Korean ‘hanok’ houses. A total of 130,000 spectators will be accommodated at the circuit, with 16,000 seats in the main grandstand.

The 2012 Formula 1 Korean Grand Prix will be held from October 12-14.

Meander
    Participant

All I can think is: OMG LOL.

YES! YES! This is the news I have been waiting for!!

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

300,000,001 views now.

There’s a new version of the video doing the rounds which was partly filmed at the circuit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYqX4n-oQvY

ECWDanSelby
    Participant

hahaha I’m more getting a kick out of Mag Geoff’s gif of Tenay and Don West going crazy lmao ‘YES!’ *high five*

James_mc
    Participant

Oh dear lord….

An inspired move in terms of publicity; yes.

Other thoughts: “Ow my ears are bleeding”

Mathers
    Participant

Love that pic Mag! TNA FTW!

dot_com
    Participant

Can’t wait.

bag0
    Participant
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.