Going to the Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang

Going to the 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang International Circuit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author

Discussion area for people going to the 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix.

Toby.
    Participant

Going to this one. My first ever Formula 1 race! It’s taken many years, but i’ve finally gotten my finances right and am forking out to go to Malaysia for the GP.

Got the tickets a few weeks back. Sitting at turn 1, which seems to be the place to go.

Who has been there before? Any good stories?

wasiF1
    Participant

@Toby I have send you a direct message,please reply whenever you have time.

Toby.
    Participant

Reply sent!

modusimg
    Participant

Hey guys just wondering if any knows approx when the drivers arrive at the circuit Thurs/Fri?
    Also is the track open to the public on Thurs? Wouldnt mind getting photos of the drivers scoping the track and riding their bikes etc.

australian
    Participant

Ive sat at turn 1, you have a good view of the end of the main straight, then the tight right hander and quick left wrapping around to the back straight, it can be hot so take alot of FROZEN drinks.
    Personally I prefer to sit at the hairpin, but in reality Sepang ois one of the best f1 viewing tracks on the calander.
    Addditionally the entrance to turn one if immediately to the left as you enter the track, but have yourself a wander on friday u can sit where ever u want………………….enjoy

australian
    Participant

Ps thurs arrive midday, sat early morning, there is usually an autograph session on the friday at the front entrance, drivers get driven up with security personel, its really cramped and sweaty,,,,not my cup of tea

Tommo

this will be my first time at a GP, bought my tix in october on the early bird offer. happy to see current prices reflecting almost triple what i paid, helps being a tight ass. i will be in the ruby section and from what the viewer shows it puts me around P8 on the grid. although i have 2 tix the wife wont be attending fp1-3 or qually. she will be only be with me on race day, something about shopping in KL being better than seeing the same cars 3 days in a row… ha ha. we touch down around lunch time so i miss fp1 but will make an effort to be there…i hate flying like you wont believe. anyone here want to use the spare sessions on the tix i am happy to assist just means i walk you in on the ticket and then leave you to do whatever. otherwise the first 2 days are wasted. PM if keen. i am quite torn between hunting for autorgraphs or just balance it with enjoyig the F1. also hope to catch up with some of the red bull guys. i hear most of the drivers stay at the hotel at the aiport…seems logical. good hunting ground.

see you guys there, it shall be good.

Mark
    Participant

Hi All. Another First timer here. Ive got a ticket in the emerald Grandstand.

Tommo

Hey guys,

if your keen to meet up at sepang or before then PM me. When i go to KL i religiously buy a prepaid sim for my phone as the wife and i usually go seperate ways shopping etc. I will be staying in KL city centre just opposite the Petronas towers.

modusimg
    Participant

My 2nd time to Sepang had a great time last year. I got 4 tickets for different areas of the track. Being a motorsport photographer with no success in gaining media creds, its the next best thing i could do. Should be great! Btw can we run out onto the track after the race?? And does anyone know if the race program is out yet? dont want to miss the pit walk…

George
    Participant

Any ideas on the latest point at which you can buy decent grandstand tickets? I’m hoping to be there but might not have confirmation of travel for a few more weeks.

australian
    Participant

http://www.malaysia-grand-prix.com/1081-malaysia/

ive purchased tickets to several races through these ppl. Safe, trustworthy and cheap…..
    located in monaco, they ship express worldwide and wont let you down….. the back straight grandstand upper tier is the best value, try to be close to the hairpin, enjoy

VoiseyS
    Participant

Hi all,

First time at Sepang for me, although have done British GP twice before and also attending Silverstone and Spa this year.

We have seats in Grandstand F, as the view of most of the track looked amazing. Have heard stories about needing towels to wipe off sweat so expecting a sweaty 3 days!

ForzaJ
    Participant

VoiseyS – small world! I’m going to sepang, Silverstone and spa this year also! And I have tickets for grandstand f, block h… Can’t wait! See you there, fellow f1 nut! :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.