Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Going to the Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang

Public Group active 3 days, 20 hours ago

Group for fans going to the Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang International Circuit.

Going to the 2013 Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang International Circuit

This topic contains 66 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Alex green Alex green 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    oggie509

Hi there, I’m going travelling from mid-late february and think about stopping off in KL to watch the grand prix. can anyone tell me where the best place to sit is. would be good to know soon with the early bird offer they have on

Anonymous

To the suggestion about Tune hotel, definitely look closely at the particular one you would be booking. Some of them are just literally glorified hostels. I can suggest the Hotel De Palma in Ampang point. It is a little bit out from downtown KL and closer to the airport/track. It is fully Muslim compliant (great for me!) but depending on your tastes you might not like it. No alcohol served and not the type of place you could take um, “lady friends”. If you want great service, food, and a family friendly vibe then it is your place.

Maico

Hi,

I was just wondering if there are any radio rentals or fanvision rentals available at the Malaysian Grand Prix. I have heard that the big screens are not very visible and I’d like to know what’s happening on other parts of the circuit.

Journeyer
    Participant

@maico There were Fanvision (Kangaroo then) rentals when I went in ’09. As far as I can recall, they were available last year and should be available this year too. You can check the Fanvision website for more info.

Anonymous

@klcc88 try here
    http://www.formulaonepaddockclub.com/#
    last i checked they are about 5000.00usd
    the prices arent quoted on website! hehe, if you need to ask…..

Anonymous

@klcc88

your welcome, didnt realize they go through the teams as well. If you look at official F1 website in the tickets section there are also some hospitality tickets about half the paddock tickets price but of course not so VIP. Im jealous! have fun show us some photos after!

Anonymous

I might sacrifice a child for paddock club ticket!

Anonymous

I’ll be in KL for a few days literally 7-5 days before the race! But have to leave because of work commitments.
    I’m hoping to catch maybe some pre race activities? I’m sure they will have Lewis and Nico at KLCC signing autographs.

Sveen

I’m going to KL and Singapore on a school trip the week of the race, so I want to take the opportunity to go to the race. However, since I have to be in Singapore all Friday, and most of the Saturday I’ll probably be traveling back to KL, I’m wondering if it’s possible to buy tickets for the race only?

Journeyer
    Participant

@sveen Not totally sure. Tickets are usually good for Saturday and Sunday (Friday has free admission for all). Worth contacting the circuit and asking them, but I’m guessing it’s unlikely.

Anonymous

even if you have to buy a saturday and sunday ticket, some of them are very CHEAP, just for the hillsides, which just being there would be great. just bring an umbrella :)

Alex green
    Participant

@Chem Lin worth contacting the circuit direct http://www.sepangcircuit.com/story/sepang-circuits-ticketing-overview they are really helpful there,Im currently working in singapore and im flying up on sunday morning and back late sunday night,k1 block a is fantastic spot to watch the race

Alex green
    Participant

@garns thats a pity ive always enjoyed KL,i would recommend montreal to anyone,great vibe and great city and the circuit is fantastic

Eric Steven

hi,

i decided to go to the race this year. i was previously attended 2 singapore gp, but as the currency is now very high, i prefer the cheaper malaysian gp.

i need help from you guys about recommendation for seats. what i was looking for was the easier access to circuit as i plan to run to the podium area once the race ended. based on what i saw on the website, i have the options of garnet, jade, or crystal. as they located at the lower grandstand and directly in front of the pit building.

need your insight and recommendation.

thanks

Sveen

I see from Google maps that the airport and the circuit are really close, however I don’t want to walk by the side of what I assume is a highway :P Probably a stupid question, but is it public transportation from the airport to the circuit?

Just ordered my tickets now, and it looks like I’ll make the qualifying after all. Ordered tickets in the K1 stand, section B, looks like a good view of T1 and pit exit :)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.