Going to the Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang

Going to the 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang International Circuit

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Discussion area for people going to the 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix.

sato113
    Participant

Hello everyone!
    I’m planning a trip to Asia for next year from Jan-June to go and find myself etc etc.! In the middle I’d love to visit the Malaysia GP. Can I expect it to be around late March again?

Anyone else going? Where is good and cheap nearby to stay for the thurs/fri/sat nights in between days?

@awizul
    Participant

Repost from previous years topic :

Hi, everybody.. I’m a local KL guy who never missed a M’sian GP since 1999. If any of you here need any help / assistance / while in KL / Sepang I can be contacted at +60166792979 via WhatsApps/Viber or twitter @awizul (my avatar is a picture of Red Bull in black & white) or email awizul@yahoo.com. I’ll help as much as I possibly could during the race weekend or even if u’re here for vacation etc.

Welcome to Malaysia!

MOMENTUM85
    Participant

Hello!

Anybody knows where drivers stay at for Malaysian GP?

sato113
    Participant

I want to book stand F, but can I specify which block? and seat?
    I understand F grandstand is split into blocks.

@awizul
    Participant

Honestly I’ve never been there but I can give a few opinion. I’d suggest seat in block J-M as you may catch some overtaking in Turn 9 and 15 as F1 cars will go flat out in front of F Grand stand. You may also see cars going to pit-lane and the rear of starting grid.

The best part here you can take picture of the action with the famous umbrella-canopy at the background especially when the cars are slowing down at the pit-lane entry!

@awizul
    Participant

I can name a few Momentum85,

Practically drivers won’t stay far from the track. But since there’re limited no of hotels in Sepang area, some might stay within the vicinity like Avani Sepang Goldcoast, Avillion Hotel Port Dickson (ROS used to acclimatized here), Palace Of The Golden Horses Hotel, of coz Sama-Sama Hotel KLIA, Caterham used to stay at Tune Hotel, LCCT, Pullman Putrajaya, Marriot Putrajaya.

While in KL City Centre where they’ll normally have some promotional events are like Mandarin Oriental, Renaissance, JW Marriot Bukit Bintang and Intercontinental Jalan Ampang.

I’ll post an update if i hv any info for 2015 race.

sato113
    Participant

How much does the train cost from Kuala Lumpur to the circuit? or to the airport?

@awizul
    Participant

Sato113,

High speed train (ERL) info you can find it here, even it’s for 2014, every year the package are d same. Again I’ll post for any new promotion

As for KL to KLIA 1 way from KL Sentral it’s RM35/pax on the same train

Kevin O Keefe
    Participant

Hi all

Is anyone interested in sharing a taxi on the Saturday and Sunday from KL to the track?

Myself and my mate are staying in the city centre and are looking to get to and from the track a bit quicker than public transport. We thought as we may get a taxi, why not share it?

If anyone has any other good ideas of how to get to the track please get in contact.

Be good to see you there

Ibrahim
    Participant

Hey @kjok
    anyone take you up on sharing a taxi? Me and a friend might be interested as well

Kevin O Keefe
    Participant

Hi Ibrahim, we have now arranged travel with an Aussie guy.Good luck with your trip. I hope you have a great time

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.