Going to the Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang

Going to the 2017 Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang International Circuit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Are you going to the 2017 Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang International Circuit? Join or start a discussion below and swap notes with other people who are going to this race.

You can also find more discussion threads about going to the Malaysian Grand Prix.

@awizul
    Participant

Hi, everybody.. I’m a local KL guy who never missed a M’sian GP since 1999. If any of you here need any help / assistance / query while in KL / Sepang I can be contacted at +60166792979 via WhatsApps or twitter @awizul (my avatar is Toro Rosso) or email awizul@yahoo.com. I’ll help as much as I possibly could for any info for race weekend or even if u’re here for vacation etc.

Welcome to Malaysia!

Just had a press release through from the race organisers claiming thei offering they’re ‘lowest prices yet’. Sepang has of course dropped strong hints about dropping this race:

F1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX MORE ACCESSIBLE THAN EVER WITH REVISED TICKET PRICES

SEPANG, 9 March 2017 – Calling all F1 and motorsports fans! Don’t miss your date with history! The race has been a pride for the nation since it was first held in 1999, helping to cement Malaysia’s reputation as a venue for top international sporting events and tourism destination. To encourage more fans to seize the opportunity to watch the race live, Sepang International Circuit (SIC) is offering F1 Malaysia Grand Prix tickets at an unprecedented ticket prices from now until the race from 29 September to 1 October 2017.

“In recent years, we have seen local fans opting to skip the live race experience in Sepang, with high ticket prices among the reasons for doing so. This year, in an unprecedented strategy, SIC is going all out to attract and encourage more fans to watch the race live. Thus, we are offering the lowest ticket prices yet, plus further special discounts for Malaysians to thank them for their support over the years. SIC is offering flat rates for the Main Grandstands, discounts for MyKad holders and significantly lower ticket prices at other areas. In the past years, maintaining strong spectator numbers has sometimes been a challenge, so we hope this new pricing structure will enable all fans to watch the race live from the circuit,” said Dato’ Razlan Razali, Chief Executive Officer of SIC.

Standard ticket prices for the 2017 Formula 1 PETRONAS Malaysia Grand Prix range from RM58.68 for a Hillstand K2 ticket to RM613.68 for a Main Grandstand ticket making this the most affordable F1 race in the world! This year, it will free seating on a first come first served basis at the Main Grandstand, F Grandstand and K1 Grandstand areas. With no numbered seating, spectators will be able to move about within the respective grandstand areas during race weekend. For the first time ever, Malaysians will get to enjoy a flat rate price for the best view in town, at the Main Grandstand for only RM336.18, while F Grandstand and K1 Grandstand tickets for Malaysians are priced at RM169.68 and RM225.18 respectively.

Tickets for children aged 12 and below are available at 50% off the corresponding adult ticket prices, while children below 7 years old may enter for free, but they will not be allocated a seat without a ticket. Meanwhile, all fans with disabilities can purchase special tickets for Main Grandstand seating at RM308.43.

New Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull Racing Team Tribune packages with numbered seating are also available at RM1,335.18. The Mercedes and Red Bull tribune seating areas are located in the Crystal seating zone, while the Ferrari tribune is located in the Jade seating zone which provides the best view of the action happening at the team pits. All Tribune ticket holders will also receive special team merchandise.

With its distinctive 15 turns and 8 straights coupled with Malaysia’s notoriously humid weather and torrential storms, the track in Sepang has challenged many of the world’s best F1 drivers. The circuit’s design also offers great views from the spectator seats, which will be further enhanced for Main Grandstand ticket holders, as they are now allowed to move about within the Main Grandstand zone.

This year, similar to 2016, the race is scheduled closer to the end of the season as the 15th race in a 20-race calendar, right after the Singapore Grand Prix. International fans with a penchant for tropical holidays can also take the opportunity to enjoy Malaysia’s year-long equatorial climate by combining their race weekend experience with a tropical getaway in beautiful Malaysia.

Don’t miss your chance to catch the F1 in Malaysia. Get your tickets now online at http://www.sepangcircuit.com, walk in to the Customer Service Centre at SIC or call SIC’s ticket hotline at 03-8778 2222. Or experience the F1 at our roadshow this 14 – 16 April at Centre Court, KLCC.

All ticket prices stated are inclusive of 6% GST and an entertainment tax levied by the State of Selangor (subject to changes). Should there be any increase in the 5% entertainment tax at a later date, no additional top-up is needed for prior purchases. Should there be any reduction in the 5% entertainment tax at a later date, there will be no refund given for prior purchases.

For more details, please refer to SIC’s ticketing page at http://www.sepangcircuit.com/tickets

@awizul
    Participant

Sample of 2016 Spectator Guides for fans (Attn @killer) reference :

2016 Malaysian GP Spectator Guide

E. Morales
    Participant

Cheers, @awizul!

@awizul
    Participant

Attn @krzyzan The picture of the opening at F Grand Stand :

Sepang Circuit F Grand Stand

Anonymous
    Inactive

Malaysia have always been the cheapest tickets!

Any discount on Hospitality?

For anyone that hasn’t been, get there, its a great race and the viewing is awesome and accommodation in Malaysian is very cheap- so pay some more and live it up !!

Alex green
    Participant

Ive mentioned before on here.I go to Sepang every year because i can do it cheaper than i can to silverstone taking into account i want a hotel not sleeping in a tent in a muddy field and a first corner ticket.I live just north of Edinburgh.
    Kl is an absolutely superb city and Sepang always offers up a good race.I would be gutted if its lost to the calendar

plushpile
    Participant

Looks like I’ll be going to the Malaysian GP this year. Really looking forward to it.
    Any recommendations on where to stay while in town for the weekend?

@awizul
    Participant

Hi @plushpile greetings from KL,

Just stay anywhere near a metro or over here we call it LRT station & u’ll be fine.

U may try these area, KL Sentral itself, China Town (lots of backpackers type of accommodation here) or Bukit Bintang area.

Fingers crossed they shall have GP’s transportation package from KL Sentral.

Cheers.

Natalie
    Participant

Hi guys my dad and I are attending the 2017 Malaysian grand prix. It’ll be our first one so we’re naturally very excited.

@awizul
    I was wondering if you are able to tell me where I can buy some figurines (action figures)?

@awizul
    Participant

Hi @kicker27

May I know what kind of figurines you’re looking for? Please PM or email me at awizul@yahoo.com

Cheers

sato113
    Participant

Sitting on the left side of grandstand F is the best view I’m sure! I went in 2015 and could see down both straights, and of course the quick turns 7, 8.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Decided today we are now going to Sepang his year.

Stayed at the Sama Sama last time, anyone got a suggestion on another nice place to stay?

We went Paddock Club last time, prices as ridicoulus now FFS! Anyone been to other hospitality options in Sepang??

EH

Anonymous
    Inactive

Or any other grandstand options F1F’s??

If anyone has been to Sepang for the F1 would love your thoughts !
    Not just grandstands but any other experiences in Sepang?
    Homer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.