Going to the Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang

How to get to Sepang International Circuit

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Share your tips on getting to the track.

australian
    Participant

1. From KL Sentral, get a train to KLIA ( the airport ) and ticket holders get a free shuttle bus to the track, then have to walk about 10 mins ( up a hill ) to the track entry

2. Catch a taxi from central KL, ( near petronas towers area etc ) will cost u about $ 40. USD

U can usually negotiate with the drivers, I had mine drive me to the track then wait for me after Qually / race etc, in the petrol station across from the track to drive me back to the city…

( he waited 5 hours on race day ))

sato113
    Participant

@australian how much is the train to the airport? and where would i find this shuttle bus? thanks.

Ibrahim
    Participant

I went to the F1 race last year, and I wouldn’t consider taking any other means of transportation to the track other than a taxi, rideshare, or rent your own car. The lines for buses, and even the taxi line, (you have to line up your taxi ahead) were very very long. I found a rideshare last year just by going on fb and going to the sepang page and made a post. A young Malay guy and his buddy took me, my brother, and a german guy that they knew to the track on Saturday. On Sunday, my brother and I took a taxi straight from the hotel to the track and had the guy pick us up after at a specific spot. We spent probably 120usd total for the taxi, but it was well worth it. If you can get like 4 people to chip in on it, it wouldn’t be too bad.

sato113
    Participant

@ibrahim or get the train then shuttle bus? see here

Ibrahim
    Participant

@sato113

For every one story I have heard of that working out well, I have heard three nightmare stories involving anything with public transportation. I have only been once myself, so I am by no means a expert.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.