active 1 week, 2 days ago
Group for fans going to the Monaco Grand Prix at Monte-Carlo.
Going to the 2014 Monaco Grand Prix at Monte-Carlo
Tagged: 2014 Monaco Grand Prix
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
3rd February 2014, 19:37 at 7:37 pmParticipant
Hi, I am really hoping for some help here. I have just bought the hubby (and I) a day trip to the Monaco GP 2014 as a birthday surprise. He is a big F1 fan and has always wanted to go so I am excited to surprise him… BUT, I could only afford the general admission tickets this year as it is the day trip (with three young children it is all I could manage time wise and financially). We have only ever been to Silverstone before and always gone for platinum grandstand tickets so I am now worried that the general admission just won’t live up to the experience. Has anybody on here got any tips for getting a good view and making the most of the day on a budget?
Thank you in advance for any help.
16th February 2014, 21:21 at 9:21 pm
Google “sector rocher monaco grand prix” and you will get a decent idea of the position, view and conditions. It’s not somewhere I personally would want to go, I would rather sit in a bar and watch it on tv than go to rocher but lots of folks like it. Provided you go with a low expectation level and with it in mind that you’re just going for the experience and a bit of fun then why not, but if you’re expecting something similar to silverstone platinum…don’t.
Do you have to go on Sunday? If not you could go on Thursday, a grandstand seat in K for F1 practise will be around 70-80 euro, same as rocher for Sunday.
Or Saturday, grandstand will set you back around 250 euro pp.
Hope that helps.
17th February 2014, 21:53 at 9:53 pm
Has anyone tried the ‘Ermanno Building’ penthouse. I need to make a decision against a hospitality package on one of the Yachts. Ive been told the view is amazing on the roof of the ‘Ermanno building’
18th February 2014, 8:08 at 8:08 am
Would go for the penthouse over the yacht. We have done both. We did the roof terrace which was amazing if a little scary getting up there. Lift and then walked up to the roof but the views are amazing. You get a very limited view of the track from the yacht whereas the roof view is awesome.
18th February 2014, 8:49 at 8:49 am
Thanks for the info Caroline.
Did you do this terrace last year and can you recommend the company that took you or where you there with one of the teams?
Also, as you sound like a regular can you recommend any of these hotels:
The choice is:
Le meridian Beach
Hotel de Paris ( basic room)
I’m presuming you would suggest the hotel du paris but it’s also abount value for the money so do you know the 2 4 stars?
18th February 2014, 8:52 at 8:52 am
…..also if i’m taking 3 that are not into the racing just there for the ‘experience’ would the Yachat noyt be preferable for them?
19th February 2014, 3:54 at 3:54 amParticipant
Drew, I did the Abu Dhabi Yacht last year and it’s all about the experience…not much viewing but heard the monaco yachts have some pretty good views. I’m heading to MC to watch on the Yacht….there’s really only so much you can view a race without a TV in front of you IMHO.
19th February 2014, 8:21 at 8:21 am
We have used Fugare for both yacht and terraces and Just Tickets as well. Re hotels we never stay in Monaco so am unable to comment. We stay in Nice and travel in each day as the prices are a little more sensible.
If you have non F1 people with you you need to bear in mind that once on the yacht it is not like being on a balcony/terrace where they can come and go as they please and have a wonder round Monaco at their leisure. You have to wait for a tender to take you off the boat and then bring you back. The views from the yachts are not brilliant we were extremely disappointed and as an F1 fan that is what we are going for not to see a car for a split second and then it is gone. Yes you are close to the track but we go to see as much of the track action as we can. We also found that those first on the yacht grabbed the best seats and stayed put all day. I am just over 5’3″ and saw very little. We had some people behind us on the grandstand on race day the year we did the yacht and on chatting to them they also said that whilst it was good to say they had done the yacht they would not do it again as the grandstand view which the balcony/terraces far exceed if you choose the right ones anything from the yacht. It all comes down to what you want to see and if you are happy to compromise on the experience which if I am honest for Monaco we would never do. The circuit at Abu Dhabi is purpose built and the marina has good viewing by the nature of the design unlike Monaco where you are moored at the side of the main road which is the track and the view you get is what is in front of you and nothing more. The balcony/terrace if you get the right one gives you a view of circa 3/4 of the circuit.
Hope that helps.
20th February 2014, 11:22 at 11:22 am
Good information you two. I ended up going with my gut and have booked yacht saturday and penthouse on the sunday. That should tick all the boxes. I’ve booked with a company called “exclusive GP’
Thanks for your great advice
20th February 2014, 11:53 at 11:53 amParticipant
Drew, brilliant…best of both option….did you also pick the hotel?
do you know which yacht you’ll be on yet?
5th March 2014, 17:12 at 5:12 pm
Sorry if this is a bit late.
As Caroline mentions, the yachts are not for those who want to see as much of the action as possible, they’re more for the experience/atmosphere. You will get an excellent view from Ermanno penthouse and the combination you’ve gone for of Saturday yacht for the experience and balcony Sunday is great, the majority of our guests do the same thing with a different day on each.
With regards the hotels, do you still need any help to decide or are you sorted?
9th March 2014, 21:05 at 9:05 pmParticipant
I am going to the Monaco GP this year and had a few questions. Greatly appreciate any tips and advice in advance.
1) I am about to buy my tickets from the official F1 website and wanted to know if that is the best place to buy the tickets online
2) For Sunday I am planning on getting tickets for Grandstand K. Is it first come first sit or do I have the option to select K1, K2 etc? I ask as the official site doesn’t give this option.
3) As for Saturday, I was thinking about General Admission as it is cheaper but after reading around and trying to find pics of the view, I am having doubts. I was hoping to get some advice where to sit as I am travelling from Canada and want to make my trip worth while
4) I am staying in Nice and a previous user on this thread recommended buying train tickets in advance. Does anyone have a link to the site so I can purchase my train tickets in advance?
10th March 2014, 7:20 at 7:20 am
In answer to your questions
1. Yes the ACM website is the best plus you are not paying any mark up. You can select your grandstand and seat. You have however left it quite late as a lot of the K grandstand seats are already sold out K1 and K2 are always first to go. The official site does not show this if you look on a tablet. You need to look on a PC an download a software solution which the site links to you then hover over the grandstand and it tells you how many seats are available you can then click on that and it will take you to that grandstand and show which seats are free for you to choose from. Unfortunately high are always first to go.
2. Your seats are allocated and that is where you have to sit. You cannot go around the different grandstands you have to stay on the grandstand booked and stewards take you to your seat.
3. General admission is a free for all and of all the GP we have attended Monaco is not the one to do GA on. Very limited space and some fans set up there spot and claim for the weekend. You also need to have the tenacity of a mountain goat to get to the best spots. If you can afford to do K on both days would recommend of try another grandstand to get a different perspective.
4. We never bothered booking the train. The station has a lot of booths open to cope with the extra volume of passengers and we have only had to wait for 10 mins max in a queue for tickets. Be warned that the trains are very very full and even when you think no-one else can get on at any of the stations the train stops at en route to Monaco they do! Not for the faint hearted or claustrophobic!!!
Whatever you do – enjoy. We are giving it a miss this year off to Spa for our first time but will probably be back next year as we are already having withdrawal symptoms so going to Williams for their F1 fan day to compromise. Monaco is an experience not to be missed.
10th March 2014, 15:02 at 3:02 pmParticipant
Thank you so much for your answers Caroline.
Totally left this too late as the only reason I am going now is because I will be in the area during that time period. Better planning next time around.
For Saturday, your answer solidifies that GA is not my best bet. I am thinking about going to a different Grandstand so I can have a different view each day. I think I will go to B and get the view of the Casino.
Thanks again for you help.
11th March 2014, 10:03 at 10:03 am
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.