Going to the Monaco Grand Prix at Monte-Carlo

Travel time to Nice after the race?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LissieHK
    Participant

Hi, this will be my first time in Monaco. Can anyone give me a reasonable estimate of how long it will take to get back to Nice by train after the race please?

We’ll be in K3 on the Sunday but need to be back in Nice town as soon as possible after the race.

Thank you

Caroline Miles
    Participant

It is not quick unless you head up to the station before the race ends. Please bear in mind that although during the day people are arriving at different times, once the race ends everyone is trying to leave at the same time. The police also block off the access to the station and let people through in batches to avoid the station being gridlocked.

LissieHK
    Participant

Thank you. I’m definitely not going to leave before the end though. I know it’s a bit of how long is a piece of string but assuming that the race starts at 2pm and there are no delays, would it be reasonable to say that I’d be back in Nice by 7.30pm?

Caroline Miles
    Participant

I honestly wouldn’t like to say. There are too many variables to factor in. Last year was a bit out of the norm due to the race being stopped then restarted, which had a knock on effect which delayed everyone getting back. You may get lucky and get into the station quickly, or you could get caught up in the queues outside the station which will hold you up for quite some time. Sorry I cannot be much more help – we are never in a hurry to get back to Nice, so just take our time.

Geoff Beck
    Participant

Lissie,

If the race runs on time you should have no problem getting back into Nice by 7.30.

LissieHK
    Participant

Thank you. I’d love an exciting race but I’m just worried that it will end up like Canada last year!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.