Going to the Monaco Grand Prix at Monte-Carlo

What to do pre/post race?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

Hi guys,

Just registered on the site. Myself and the girlfriend have bought 2 tickets in K2 (high) for race day this year. Super excited already and the season hasnt even started yet!

We are staying in Nice and will be getting the train through and back but we were wondering what the best time to book the train tickets? Also is there much to do before and after the race? Ideally we would like a few drinks, some food etc but unsure on what the setup is.

Any help really appreciated.

Cheers,

Kevin

helixios
    Participant

Are you just going for the race day on Sunday or for the whole weekend?

I grabbed my programme for last year and the timetable for Sunday was as follows:

7:00 Closing of track to road traffic
    09:45 – 10:15 Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup Race
    11:10 – 11.55 Formula Renault 3.5 Race
    12:30 F1 Drivers Track Parade
    14:00 Grand Prix de Monaco
    19:00 Opening of track to road traffic

So…. …a pretty busy and full day – it’s worth remembering that it’s not just F1 – you’ll probably do well with drinks following the Grand Prix at one of the Monaco bars. You should have no problem there!

Hope that helps! :)

Kevin
    Participant

Yeah that’s a great help thanks. I’m sure we will find somewhere to hang out afterwards :)

Fugare1 Ed
    Participant

Hi Kevin

Buy your tickets a day or two beforehand to save queuing on the day.

Don’t worry about a party atmosphere afterwards, as soon as the track is cleared it is opened and you can stand at Rascasse corner with a beer in your hand. Or you have yacht parties, lots of restaurants, bars, etc. etc.

If you need help with recommendations just let me know.

Regards
    Ed

faz khan
    Participant

Would there be places to take some good pictures in Monaco on the race weekend. I Just wondering as a lot of it will have barriers, so just wondering?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.