Going to the Singapore Grand Prix at Marina Bay

Buying tickets for Singapore

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Where are the best places to get tickets for the Singapore Grand Prix at Singapore?

Tickets sales begin today, here’s the press release and early bird sales details:

New incentives announced for 2012 Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix Tickets

Early-bird sale starts 12 December
    Introduction of new Combination Packages and single-day Pit Grandstand ticket
    New Premier Grandstand available

65,000 general admission tickets for the 2012 FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX will officially be released for sale from 12 December 2011. This is in addition to 10,000 Paddock Club and hospitality suite tickets that were released earlier this month. As in previous years, general admission tickets will be released across two phases: the early-bird phase (12 December 2011 to 30 April 2012), as well as the regular phase (from 1 May 2012).

This year, fans can look forward to new schemes and improved initiatives, which offer more savings for the fifth installment of the street race held on 21, 22 and 23 September. Over 98% of the tickets on offer are priced the same or lower than 2011.

Introduction of two new schemes

Listening to customer feedback, race promoter Singapore GP Pte Ltd is introducing a number of new initiatives for 2012.

Limited Combination Packages available

Available for the first time, these specially customised packages enable fans to experience different parts of the circuit over each of the three days. Fans can choose from various Turn 1, Padang and Bay Grandstand combinations priced from S$398 to S$788 (early-bird price).

Those who would like to experience the best of the racing action as well as the entertainment programme at the main Padang stage can opt for the Zone 4 Walkabout Combination that combines the Pit Grandstand (Friday and Saturday) and Zone 4 Walkabout (Sunday) tickets at only S$588 (early-bird).

Sunday only tickets for the Pit Straight (Special reserve – limited availability)

Fans who want to enjoy the thrilling race action at the pit straight but are unable to attend on Friday and Saturday can now choose to get the single-day Sunday Pit Grandstand ticket at S$888 (early-bird).

Improved Group Booking initiatives

The hugely successful Group Booking Special, which was first introduced in 2011, continues to offer fans fantastic savings when they purchase four or more tickets in a single transaction. This incentive is available for the Pit, Padang, Bay and Esplanade Waterfront Grandstands, offering patrons savings of up to 30% in the early-bird phase.

“We discovered that groups of people got together to take advantage of the Group Booking Special and made a day of it over the race weekend – there were hardcore race fans, young adults who were there for the concerts, as well as families with young children who had picnics at the Padang to soak up the ambience. Over the years, I think everyone has figured out their own itinerary and favourite spots around the track – it’s clear that we’ve got something for everyone,” commented Mr. Michael Roche, Executive Director of Singapore GP Pte Ltd.

New Turn 3 Premier Grandstand

A new category of grandstand will also be available for next year to meet the demand for an upgraded grandstand experience. Located at Turn 3, the exclusive Turn 3 Premier Grandstand includes food, an exclusive bar, cushioned seats and special merchandise privileges. Tickets are priced at S$2,128 each.

“We’ve been blessed with great reviews both locally and abroad but with next year being our fifth race, it’s important that we keep on innovating and listening to our loyal supporters in order to improve on our product offerings. The one thing that remains the same is that our tickets are truly value-for-money and fans can expect exciting action on the track, accompanied with a stellar entertainment line-up come September, making the 2012 FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX a must-attend event on the Formula One calendar,” says Mr. Teo Hock Seng, Chairman of Singapore GP Pte Ltd.

Win Drivers’ Autograph Session Passes

15 pairs of exclusive Drivers’ Autograph Session passes will be given away to lucky early-bird ticketholders for purchases made between 12 December to 30 April 2012.

To participate, early bird ticketholders just need to register their ticket transaction number (listed on the confirmation email or receipt) on the official Singapore GP website, http://www.singaporegp.sg. Tickets bought through Singapore GP’s authorised agents will automatically be entered into the draw.

Winners from the ballot will be notified by email, and will receive a pair of tickets to the autograph session and an exclusive pre-event cocktail reception. Applications for this draw will close on 1 May 2012 (11.59pm, Singapore time).

Tickets for the 2012 FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX will be available for sale online at http://www.singaporegp.sg, via the ticketing hotline +65 6738 6738 as well as all SISTIC outlets from 12 December, 0900 hours (GMT +8 hours).

2012 Singapore Grand Prix ticket prices

Ticket sales for the 2013 race begin on Wednesday:

Matt

Hi Fanatics,

I have booked my flights and hotel, I just can’t seem to make my mind up on which tickets to go for. Due to budget constraints I am limited to either the Bay Grandstand, or the Premiere Walkabout ticket.

I am really not sure what to book. I like the idea of actually having a seat rather than fighting for a spot on a bleacher, but I am not that thrilled with the idea of being restricted to Zones 3 and 4 only. This makes the Premiere Walkabout the better option, but as stated above I can see it being a bit of a nightmare on race day having to fight for a spot that has a good view of the track.

I would be grateful if anyone who has attended the event before could give me a few pointers.

Regards

Matt

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

Matt. If they’re your only options then the premier walkabout would be my pick. There are three pretty good positions I’ve seen in the zone 1 area at the final turn, outside of T1 and inside of T2. There may be others but I’ve always had a seat so never really had to look for public spots. Also, inside zone 1 you’ve got the extra entertainment options. From what I’ve seen of Bay you only get a few seconds of viewing each car though you will have a nice breeze to cool you down.

Six ticket categories now sold out:

The Friday Zone 4 Walkabout (S$68), Bay Grandstand (S$298) and Turn 3 Premier Grandstand (S$2,128) tickets are selling fast. Limited availability remains in the Zone 1 Combination (S$788) and Padang Combination (S$698) ticket categories.

http://www.singaporegp.sg/media/news.php?id=131

Mankster
    Participant

Super Early Bird tickets for 2014 are on sale till end of October.

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

@mankster
    Yes, a good deep discount but they’re only for the non-primo seats in zone 1 that are normally the slow sellers so far as I can work out. Otherwise I’d be ordering my T2 tickets now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.