Going to the Singapore Grand Prix at Marina Bay

Fairmont Hotel during F1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andrew

Has anyone stayed at the Fairmont during past races?

It’s pricey but a great location.

Do any teams stay there?

Cheers

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

Haven’t stayed there but been inside. Pretty ritzy but to pay SG$800+ for a small room and then have to pay for breakfast and wifi is pretty rude. We had the Lotus team in our hotel last year but the drivers were somewhere else. I think the team workers are pretty evenly spread around the place but the drivers are in the suites in the Sands and other (over the) top hotels. Anyone else done any driver spotting?

Mankster
    Participant

Fairmont is one of my regular hotel in Singapore but I dont stay there during the F1 as the room rates are normally higher than neighbouring hotels. May be if you get a room with a view of the track its worth it. Breakfast in a Singapore 5* hotel runs around $40-45 a person. Not really worth it, have breakfast somewhere else. By the way if you can spare a minute of form filling you can get free Wifi at the Fairmont by joining their Presedents Club
    Last Year, Ferrari were at Pan Pacific and McClaren drivers were at the Conrad. Best place for driver spotting is Gate2.

Andrew

Got a good deal and ended up going with the Fairmont.

Bring on SG GP!

damonsmedley
    Participant

@perthf1 How do we get this deal and how much is it per night for a basic room (for two people)? ;-)

Mankster
    Participant

Good choice, care to spill the beans on the rate you got and where you booked?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.