Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Going to the Singapore Grand Prix at Marina Bay

Public Group active 1 week, 4 days ago

Going to the Singapore Grand Prix at Marina Bay.

Going to the 2013 Singapore Grand Prix at Marina Bay

This topic contains 57 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Thecollaroyboys Thecollaroyboys 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eyen Paune
    Eyen Paune
    Participant

Thanks Mankster! I’m about to buy my tickets!

Profile photo of Eyen Paune
    Eyen Paune
    Participant

I ended up with the Bay Combination. So it’s T1 Grandstand on Friday, Padang Grandstand on Saturday, and Bay Grandstand on Sunday. I figured it’s my reconnaissance trip, try to find a good spot in all zones. Then come back in 2014 for the new V6 engines. Good plan, yes? ;-)

Profile photo of Alex green
    Alex green
    Participant

The killers announced as the headline act for the saturday night concert

Profile photo of Emma Brooks
    Emma Brooks
    Participant

We are flying Scoot from Australia. Friends have flown them and say they are fine.
    We got the Turn 1 combo package so looking forward to that. Apparently Rihanna is about to be announced as the next big act. Has anyone been to this race before, Do the artists play while the cars on the track or before/after ?

Profile photo of Journeyer
    Journeyer
    Participant

@emmab They play before/after. The main acts (The Killers/Rihanna) will play after quali/race. Problem is, they usually play RIGHT after, so there’s little time to get from the stands to the Padang (where the concerts are). Not sure how they sorted that out last year.

Alex green
    Participant

Yeah you need to be fast to get there,remember that its a night race,so waiting a while before they start would see them on stage after midnight and monday is a normal working day

Alex green
    Participant

Rhianna announced to headline the sunday night

Profile photo of goondu86
    goondu86
    Participant

This year there’s a Monday concert, and it looks like it’s the worst possible artiste based on what I like to listen.

@emmab: Turn 1 package means Padang grandstand on Saturday, easy access to ‘The Killers’ after qualifying as it’s right at the back of the grandstands. Early tip: Get in to the Padang early, as most of the time getting to the front of the concert stage needs a wristband that’s given in the afternoon. That’s based on what the organisers did for the past few years.

Profile photo of Ben Weaver
    Ben Weaver
    Participant

I am going this year. Been to the Brit GP for the past 4 years and also did Spa last year. Fancied another track this year and as we have a friend in Malaysia we chose Singapore. We fly into Kuala Lumpar on Thursday and then fly over to Singapore on Friday afternoon. Flights back to Kuala Kumpar on Monday afternoon for our flight home Monday night. Got Pandang combination tickets to mix cost and being able to watch from different points. Turn 1 for qualifying should be awesome. Staying in the Beach Hotel about 1km away from the track….CANNOT WAIT!

Profile photo of Jarek
    Jarek
    Participant

I’ll be at Hongkong till 16th of Sep.
    I want to go for SG F1 GP, but have no friends to go with, well no one who like F1 like I do.
    Is anyone going to be there ealier? Not only for GP but to see Thailand or Malaysia too for example?

Profile photo of Martin Farrington
    Martin Farrington
    Participant

Flying over from U.K weekend before , sitting at Connaught grandstand

Profile photo of Abe matibag
    Abe matibag
    Participant

Hi guys! I would be coming to the 2013 singapore GP, I got the padang combination tickets (bay grandstand, T1 grandstand & padang grandstand). This is my first time watching so i really don’t have any idea on what view the seats would bring. Do any of you guys have at least experienced any of the seats that padang combination offers so that i could have an idea. Thanks in advance guys!

Profile photo of Thecollaroyboys
    Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

Depending on your seat in T1 you should get a good view up the pit straight and turns 1 2 and perhaps 3. Bay and Padang only have a short viewing time but at least you get a fantastic view over the bay, and a cooling breeze most of the time. T1 is primo but I still favor the T2 area as it gives a longer front-on view of the cornering cars. Pretty sure you can see a bit of pit activity from T1, again depending on you’re actual seat.

Profile photo of Wade
    Wade
    Participant

Not long now!!
    I leave for Singapore in 2 weeks from tomorrow.
    Sitting in turn 2 grandstand, the seats I ended up with look great, cant wait for Grand Prix week in Singapore with all the parties etc. Staying 1.1km from my grandstand seat!!
    This is my first time to Singapore and this race, I plan on walking around the track on the Friday free practice 1 and 2 sessions. Does anybody have any recommendations on the best places to see the cars in action?
    I am sure there are some things around the track not to be missed, like cars getting close to you and the wall, driving under bridges, favourite corners, good bars to stop at etc. So if any of you seasoned Singapore attendees have some tips let us know?

Also to people that live in Singapore, what are some of your favourite nightclubs, lounges and bars?

Thanks

Profile photo of Thecollaroyboys
    Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

@wade
    You’ve probably got my seats! Made a late decision to go so I will see you there in A6. We’re up in row 18. Missed all of the early birds so paying through the nose. Can’t give you much advice on nightspots, travelling with kids.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.