Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Going to the Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya

Public Group active 3 months, 1 week ago

Group for fans going to the Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya.

Going to 2013 F1 testing at the Circuit de Catalunya

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mrgrieves mrgrieves 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@Benedict asks:

Hi, I am thinking about attending the testing session in Feb.. Has anyone every been? do you get access to pretty much all the grandstands and general admin area?

Profile photo of Gwannel Sandiego
    Gwannel Sandiego
    Participant

Hi, yeah I went last year, it was great! Beautiful weather, I got to explore Barcelona & of course F1 cars for 20€ (give or take, can’t remember exactly). I think a couple of the tribunes on the inside of the track were closed off, otherwise yeah, you could walk around all the grandstands as you pleased. I read some advice on the internet before hand that it was difficult to walk from the train station to the track – this is NOT true, and I would advise walking if you can get a map on your phone or whatever. It seemed there’s like 1 or 2 taxis in Montmelo, and it took quite a long time to get in it (it was going back and forth I presume). There’s no shuttles or anything like that for testing. I have an account of the day and some photos and videos on my blog if you’re interested: http://gwannelsandiego.blogspot.fr/2012/02/barcelona-formula-one-testing.html

Profile photo of Gwannel Sandiego
    Gwannel Sandiego
    Participant

Oh, and this may be obvious, but don’t forget that they only run one driver at a time, so if there’s someone you particularly want to see and you’re only going for one or two days, try to find a list of who’s driving on what day (probably not available until quite soon before testing starts, so I suppose it depends how flexible you are).

Profile photo of mrgrieves
    mrgrieves
    Participant

Was talking to the missus about going to this next year. Hope we get some more reviews of people who wen this year

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.