Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Going to the Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya

Public Group active 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Group for fans going to the Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya.

Going to the 2013 Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya

This topic contains 90 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mark Mark 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Alex green
    Alex green
    Participant

Forgot to mention theres a little train to take you up the hill after you come out of the train station at a cost of a euro,usually beside the merchandise stalls in montmello, which is well worth it when you see the hill

Profile photo of John Butcher
    John Butcher

I’m planning on going this year with a few friends and stay in a hostel in Barcelona. Could somebody who’s done this before give me a bit of information about travelling to the circuit and also the cost of the travelling? Never been to Catalunya before, Done Monza 2011 and the cost of travelling from Milan to Monza added a higher than expected cost to the trip! Any advice would be much appreciated!
    John

Profile photo of Mick
    Mick
    Participant

John,

Don’t know about trains but there is a daily bus service Fri-Sun. Follow this link for details http://www.sagales.com/ It seems to be pretty regular and you can book in advance, which is what I’ve done. The cost is 9 euros return.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of John Butcher
    John Butcher

Thanks for that Mick! Do they produce email tickets you print or do you then have to pick them up??
    Cheers,
    John

Profile photo of Mick
    Mick
    Participant

John,

You get email tickets to print at home.

Alex green
    Participant

John i stayed up beside the main station and caught the train check out http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html should help you gauge how much it is,it was 2 years ago the last time i went but im positive it was under 10euros for a return for my girlfriend and i

I’ve just booked to go this year with the girls. It’ll be my 3rd GP but my first Spanish one. Really looking forward to it!

Profile photo of Steved1976
    Steved1976

Hey guys. I am staying on holiday in Salou the week of the Spanish gp and looking to get general admission tickets for the race. Can anyone advise which website sells the official tickets. I had a few problems last year with Belgium tickets as I booked through an agent who then folded(the ticket enterprise)! Luckily I managed to get the tickets but I don’t want a repeat of last year and want to book through the official channels rather than a cowboy operation. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Also any tips on how to get from Salou to the circuit? Thinking of going by train so any tips on transport would be a help too. Cheers!

Profile photo of TommyC
    TommyC
    Participant

@ Steved1976 I’ve used travelrepublic, (sounds weird I know) but its the second year I have used them, I’ve got my tickets in hand already. They send them out special delivery and this year I found them cheaper than if I bought direct fromthe circuit and chose to collect in person.

Alex green
    Participant

@steved1976 i always book with circuits direct http://www.circuitcat.com/en/

Profile photo of Mick
    Mick
    Participant

@ Steved1976,

I agree with Alex and only ever book through the circuits. I believe your safer and it’s cheaper as there is no middle man to pay. Having said the Spanish GP has changed the official provider of tickets from Ticket Master to Gootickets. I booked early with Ticket Master (via the circuit site) before the change and had no issues and have the tickets already (etickets). It might be worth looking at Ticket Master as it seems that they have a huge number of tickets available. They obviously had a massive block of tickets all round the circuit. If you try to book on the official site it says lots of the seats are sold but on Ticket Master they are still available. The link is http://www.ticketmaster.es/nav/en/deportes/montmelo/circuit_de_catalunya_990z/f-1_gran_premio_espanya_santander_2013/index.html?loce=en-deportes-left-1-13-FGPESPAASANTAND

Good luck.

Profile photo of fanatico
    fanatico
    Participant

I got my tickets this week. :) This will be my first time in Barcelona so I would have some questions. Clear answers on clear questions, hopefully.
    -As a budget traveler, what would be the cheapest way to get to track Fri-Sun? Plus I would like to get around a little bit in Barcelona, so what would be the cheapest combination in transporting?
    -My grandstand is G, so are there paths between differrent grandstand areas? For example are there paths inside the track area from right behind the maingrandstand to grandstand G? Or do I have to get out off the circuit and then get in by another gate?
    -Circuit de Catalunya says on Friday I can choose whatever grandstand I want (except C and E). I bought my tickets on other website so can I still choose some other grandstand for that day or does it work only on tickets bought from there?

Thank you.

Profile photo of Lisa
    Lisa
    Participant

Flights and hotel booked, but now can’t decide between Grandstand A or L!! I know it’s all personal preference but any thoughts?

Thank you!

Profile photo of Mick
    Mick
    Participant

Lisa,

Grandstand L. Definitely. Have to say I’ve booked K but looking at the views wish I’d looked at L before. But hey whatever you’ve booked should be good.

Profile photo of Billy
    Billy
    Participant

Hi, got my main g/s tickets for the weekend and looking for some advice. Has anyone stayed in mollet del valles and if so is there much to do in the evening. Also thinking of the pre erected tent but again is there much going on in the evening. Bringing my wife for her first race and want it to be memreble.
    Any help would be great

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.