Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Going to the Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya

Public Group active 3 months, 1 week ago

Group for fans going to the Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya.

Going to the 2013 Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya

This topic contains 90 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mark Mark 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David Rushton
    David Rushton
    Participant

ah nicola thats great thanks.. ill bring along a small radio then :-)

and to answer your question nicola.. your suspicions are correct, your ticket of admission gets you in for those events also :-)

David Rushton
    Participant

two weeks :-)

I haven’t got my tickets yet and a little worried. I bought them from Travel Republic in the 3rd round. Has anyone else bought tickets that late through them? I’m not panicking yet, but if they are not here by Friday next week I will start to panic!!

Profile photo of TommyC
    TommyC
    Participant

I did last year Louise and it I remember it was fairly late, I remember worrying and phoned them and then postman knocked. If your worried ring them and ask if they can give you a date

Only a couple of days until we’re off to Spain!!! Cannot wait!

Profile photo of Chris Harvey
    Chris Harvey
    Participant

Just been given some tickets for my birthday by my wonderful wife – can’t wait!

But, I have no idea about certain bits, my wife even less so.
    Where can I get the public transport from in Barcelona?
    Is there public transport to take you to the airport straight after the race?
    Can anyone recommend a hotel?
    If I hire a car is there ample parking?
    Is GA as packed as Silverstone?

Thanks in advance

Profile photo of Martin
    Martin

Chris, same for me, but I knew at Xmas. I doubt you’ll find an hotel in Barcelona unless you are very monied. We are staying it Sitges about an hour away South of Barcelona, although you could try Blanes to the North (both holiday resorts).

Having a 3-day ticket with parking we are in Car Park C, the entrance to which is near the IBIS hotel next to the circuit at PolĂ­gono Industrial Can Catalá Calle Can Gordi, 1, 08400 Granollers, Barcelona, Spain. We’ve hired a car, but if you trawl this site and the circuit’s website and google, you’ll find you can get there by train with about 20-30 minutes walk from the station.
    Cheers!

Profile photo of Tim Neale
    Tim Neale
    Participant

Just had a look on trip advisor and there are still Barcelona hotels showing availability for the weekend at not-too-unreasonable prices.
    I’m at the Hotel Medium City. Never stayed there before so can’t exactly recommend it but it’s 5 minutes walk from the main train station from which you can take a train direct to Montemelo station.

Chris Harvey
    Participant

Thanks Martin/Tim.

Martin, any idea how much parking is?

Profile photo of Alex green
    Alex green
    Participant

@tim neale thats were i normally get my hotel if i go to spain,just remember which exit your hotel is on,i took the wrong exit after a few sangrias and got lost :),but if you come out of the staion to the opoisite side from the hotel thats attached(obvious when your there) theres plenty bars and resteraunts all within 5 min walk

Profile photo of mark
    mark

All packed and ready for the off now. Can’t wait

Profile photo of Zoe
    Zoe
    Participant

Hi, we’ve just decided to go to the race on sunday, very excited. Can anyone advise me on the best places to sit with GA tickets please?

Profile photo of Herb
    Herb

I’m going to my first Grand Prix this weekend, I have the 3 day GA ticket. Not much hope of McLaren doing well though by the looks of things :(

Anybody got any tips on good places to watch from?

David Rushton
    Participant

hello fellow enthusiasts, I’m currently in pedra santa taking in the sights and getting ready for the pit walk tomorrow.

I’ve pre paid parking and mine cost 11 quid for the parking, but 14 for the delivery, not sure how it will work out on the day.

Dave

Chris Harvey
    Participant

Dave, where do you go to book your parking? Any idea if you can pay on the day?

Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.