Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Going to the Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya

Public Group active 1 month ago

Group for fans going to the Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya.

Going to the 2013 Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya

This topic contains 90 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Mark Mark 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 91 post (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    Participant

I had a great time at the race… despite the travel woes getting to/from the circuit but once there it was great.

We were in Grandstand H and we got to see quite a bit of action as the cars are in close formation as they come through the stadium complex. Don’t get seats too low down in the stand or you’ll be behind distracting fencing. We were in row 9 and it was fine.

There is no cover on the grandstands (apart from the main pits stand) so you’ll be in full sun ALL DAY. Very easy to get burnt.

Food was pretty poor but as expected – hot dogs, cold pizza, etc… even Silverstone does a better job these days.

As far as following the race was concerned, I have Vodafone Eurotravelller option on my phone package which costs you £3 for each day you use it and allows you to use your home data package while in Europe. Other phone companies have similar schemes.

I had no problem getting a 3G signal so I was able to follow the whole race using the official F12013 timing app. Also every grandstand faces a large screen showing the broadcast tv picture.

Finally I highly recommend making the time to see the GP2, GP3 and Porsche Supercup races – they are great fun with lots of close action and carnage.

Viewing 91 post (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.