Going to the Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya

Going to the 2014 Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    justin herridge
    Participant

currently 20 percent off booking tickets for next years event on the circuits own website – ive booked for stand G zone 20,, been to the british twice but never to a gp abroad.. just hoping it dont rain lol !

justin herridge
    Participant

has anybody else sat in zone 20 of stand g ? if so what were your thoughts,experience like?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Booked my tickets months ago and optimistically booked the hotel and flights too. Thankfully they didn’t move the date!

I always enjoy Barca. Maybe not the best circuit but a great vibe; low-cost seats with good visibility and usually a bit of sunshine too!

Prav
    Participant

I have been waiting for the dates to be confirmed before booking. Booked Stand J. A group of 8 of us will be travelling. Any recommendations on hotels or apartments i can look at. Would like to stay in Barcelona for 6 nights.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Prav, we stay at the Eric Vokel Gran Via Suites in Barcelona. Great accommodation which is pretty close to Las Ramblas etc but has the benefit of having a full kitchen, large lounge with flat-screen TV and proper bedrooms.

Check-out http://www.ericvokel.com/hotel?id=barcelona-gran-via-suites

It’s a short walk to the station from there on the Sunday morning and you can go straight through to Montmelo in no time.

Prav
    Participant

Thanks, will check it out.

Bryn Jeavons
    Participant

I have been to Spanish GP at Circuit de Cat the last two years and have booked to go again in 2014. We stay well out of Barcelona, on one of the coastal resorts. We Stay at Pineda De Mar, but you can stay anywhere along this stretch, Lloret de Mar, Sitges, Santa Susannah, Calella etc and there are coach transfers available from each of the resorts to the race track, which take about 25 – 30 Minutes and the coaches park immediately behind the main grandstand, so the travelling time is about the same as the time to walk from Montmelo Station.
    It’s an option for anyone not wanting to stay in Barcelona, with it’s hiked up accomodation rates.

Matt
    Participant

I’m planning to go back again next year. I went in 2012 when Maldonado won. If anyone needs any advice feel free to ask.
    We’re flying from East Midlands, our local airport. Really cheap with Ryanair

Ty
    Participant

Guys I will really appreciate your help..

I am off to Spain Grand prix next year with my 55 years old father-in-law. I have booked the tickets and we will be at Stand J…..which we are both looking forward to it

This is the plan:
    * Flight from Liverpool to Barcelona on Thursday…..we will not be attending the Track walk
    * Friday morning, practice session using the Sagalës bus service for the return trip. http://www.sagales.com/en-web-8_formula-1-circuit-de-catalunya.html
    * Saturday will be same as Friday
    * Sunday we will check out at hotel in the morning….get the Sagalës bus to the track
    *****After the race on Sunday I am aware there will be a huge flow of people going home…..this is where my dilemma begins…… our flight from Barcelona is 10:45pm on Sunday, I will not want to miss it. Would you guys recommend we get a taxi straight to the airport or use the return ticket back to Barcelona on the Bus and train or bus to airport from the city?…..I am concerned about the coaches being slow or getting stuck in traffic jam.

It’s the first time he will be attending a race and second time off being out of the country and I don’t want him to have a bad experience and I’m also trying to wrap in cotton wool…..he uses crutch as a walking aid and the last thing I want for him is to regret the experience

If it was me and the mates I wouldn’t worry about this at all but I want him to enjoy it

I really appreciate your time in reading about my my concerns and seeking ur opinions and advice

Ty
    Participant

Any help with info guys??

Matt
    Participant

I got the train back to the city, had to que for about 15 minutes at the station. The staff were wll organised , counting the people into the station as they knew how many people the train held. You can also get an airport express train

Ty
    Participant

My father-in-law has spinabifida and will not be able to won’t be able to walk to the train station as it’s a long ealk for his leg..However, that would br a good option as it would stop us faffing about…

Thanks a lot for that info Matt now I feel I have more options to consider

Steve Mumford
    Participant

Went to the Spanish GP in 1995 and have been to pre season testing for the last six years. Always stayed in Lloret – cheap and cheerful and less than an hour to the track by car.
    Girona airport is only an hour away but I think you’d be limited to Ryanair so I tend to use Barcelona airport but pre book any car hire to avoid queues.
    Not happy that they lost the test this year when Bernie sold out to Bahrain.
    Now working on a ‘day trip’ to Jerez. Not the easiest place to get to.

Greg Kingston
    Participant

Me and the fiancee are going to Barcelona this year. We’re staying Wednesday to Monday at the Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya, and plan to get the train to the circuit every day. We will do the walk on Thursday, as we’ve previously missed this at other grand prxi, but I don’t think we’ll bother with Friday practice.

We’re sitting in Stand F.

I’m also off to Jerez at the end of this month. It isn’t the easiest place to get to – I’ve ended up with Ryanair from Stansted to Malaga and then driving from there. I’m staying in a hotel called H2 Jerez.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I went last year and planning to go again this year. As a single female, I booked a package trip and met some great people who are also likely to book again this year. We stayed at the Hotel Onabrava in Santa Susannah and got coach transfers included to and from the airport and to and from the circuit. Traffic was amazingly quiet on qually day, and not much busier on race day….maybe due to the route from Santa Susannah, rather than getting in and out of Barcelona.

The resort is one of those mentioned along the coast. It is just less than an hour’s train ride from Barcelona, but very easy to do on free days, albeit there are about 20 stations that it stops at !

I sat in the start-finish straight last year, and had a brilliant seat on the second row of the upper grandstand, from where it was a swift dash along to almost straight opposite the podium. A great experience watching the preparations in the garages, the media build-up, and the race start etc, but will probably choose a different grandstand this year to see the race action from a different perspective.

All in all, a brilliant experience, great atmosphere (nearly, but not quite as good as Monza !), and made some good friends. One to be recommended :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.