Going to the Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya

Sagales Bus Stop to Grandstand L – how far of a walk?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Steve L
    Participant

This is my first time visiting the track and I’m planning to take the Sagales Bus from Barcelona to the track. I’ve got tickets to Grandstand L and I’d like to know how far of a walk it will be to get from where the Sagales Bus stops near the track (see http://www.sagales.com/en-web-8_formula-1-circuit-de-catalunya.html) to my seat. From the map it looks like the only way is to walk several KM around the track because there’s no overpass to cross over the circuit. Is this really the case?

Mick
    Participant

Steve,
    Like you I’m on the bus and am sitting in grandstand L. The walk really isn’t that far. Don’t ask me in yards or miles but really it won’t be a problem.

Steve L
    Participant

Thanks Mick for the reply. Sounds like you’ve been there before – if so, any idea how much time it takes to do the walk?

The reason I’m asking is because I’ve got to be back to the city by 5PM and with qualy ending around 3PM, walking to the bus stop, queuing for the bus, the 45 min bus ride, then some buffer/fudge factor time, I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to make it.

I suppose running is an option!

Mick
    Participant

Steve,

Not sure how long the walk is as never thought about it but I’d guess at 20-25 mins from stand to bus stop. You should get back in time for 5pm but does depend how many others decide to get back to town straight after quali. If it’s a lot although the buses are really regular you may have to wait for one, also how far have to got to go from the bus the other end?

I would say you’re going to be fine and i’d risk it, but depends on how life and death the 5pm meeting is……

Mick
    Participant

Yes was there last year, its a great weekend. How long the walk is….. not sure as i’ve not had cause to time it but i’d guess at 20-25 mins from stand to bus stop. Don’t bet your life on that time but I don’t think i’d be miles out. The problem you may have is how many other people decide to get back to town after quali. The buses are very good and theres one there every few minutes but we still queued a fair bit to get on one back last year both after the race and quali. I think you’ll be ok but depends how far you have to go once you get of the bus in Barca.

How life and death is the 5pm meeting? Me I’d risk it.

Steve L
    Participant

Thanks for the info, Mick. Definitely not a life and death thing, just another tour thing that the wife and I signed up for in Barcelona on Saturday evening :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.