Going to the Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya

Thursday Pit Lane Walk

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tim Neale
    Participant

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what happens at the Thursday pit lane walk? I’ve been wondering whether it’s worth making the trip out for it but I can’t find any information on what ‘it’ actually is!. I’ve seen a few people mention that you can sometimes get autographs from the drivers but I could take that or leave it. Does anything else happen?

Thanks,

Tim

TommyC
    Participant

Went last year to both the morning and afternoon sessions. You only have access to the pit lane. Thursday morning was quiet although the drives didn’t appear to be coming out purposefully to do autographs as they do in the afternoon. Having said that I got more in the morning than I did in the afternoon, that was just crazy with the number of fans there and was a real bun fight.

I’m going again this year but just in the morning. I preferred watching and meeting team mechanics as they set up. Got close to some bits of kit – front wings etc that were lying around as they made space. Had some great and informative chats with Mclarenmechanics who I think they liked us showing an interest rather than just asking for the drivers.

Mick
    Participant

Never been to Spain before but if its anything like the pit walk in Spa and Monza it’s mayhem. It gets absolutely packed and a real squash. They are not the best organised event. Have to say not going to bother when we get to Spain think I would rather sit in the sun and have a beer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.