Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Going to the United States Grand Prix at Circuit of the Americas

Public Group active 1 week, 2 days ago

Group for fans going to the United States Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas.

For America’s other round of the F1 championship see here:
Going to the Grand Prix of America

Going to the 2012 United States Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas

This topic contains 31 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Keith Collantine Keith Collantine 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    rich

joac21, I was able to talk to Roger Mier at http://www.trinityrvrentals.com and said that there still waiting for some inf. he was told that it would be at the the end of June and here we are, it could be any time now. Here’s the # 1-800-917-7511. How may in your party?

joac21
    Participant

@speediea thanks Rich… i called the track and it seems its going to be a premium membership space as well. and they are not sure just yet……. i started looking and everything is almost booked.. i found one called the hacienda http://www.lahaciendarvpark.com/index.htm they have spaces but i didnt make the reservation because it seems pretty far away from austin to me.. what do you think is it too far away ??

im going with my dad and 2 brothers….

rich

joac21, Lago Vista is a very nice area west of Austin, it’s probably a 45min drive to the airport which is 7-8 miles from the race track, not bad considering people are going to be coming in from San Antonio and Houston. Remember that we will all be shuttled in,still LOT’S of questions. As far a the RV park, for the peace of mind i would go for it.

BasCB
    Participant
    Stephen Jones
    Participant

Well, one thing led to another and I now have tickets for T11 GS.

First Grand Prix outside of Australia, so pretty pumped! Can’t wait to meet up with some fellow F1Fanatics

Tom
    Participant

Any houston residents planning to head up? So far all my friends have flaked out of the prospect (fair enough since most would have to cross the atlantic), I think f1fanatics might be the best bet.

Also anyone planning to get GA tickets?

codesurge
    Participant

COTA is putting parking permits up for sale, presumably after they couldn’t move enough PSLs. At 200 USD a pop, they’re pretty pricey but given the logistical horrors that people are predicting will befall the shuttle bus/public transportation system, a parking permit might just be the way to go.

us-brian
    Participant

Going to Be at Turn 1 Section 5.
    Can’t wait. Waiting to see if anything about Parking is coming available. $213 for three days is a bit brutal. Might have to see about Shuttle from Downtown.

TC

What are options for viewing the race? Is Fanvision the only link to a live video feed? Or is there anything viewable on a laptop/ipad/etc? Or any info on video screen locations?

Rachel Clarke
    Participant

Looking forward to this! I’m at T12, row 15. Luckily my ex-boss lives in Austin so staying with him – far better than paying the extortionate hotel prices! Also all the other things they seem to keep trying to overcharge for, like the parking

joac21
    Participant

So everything is ready.. any suggestions to get from The hacienda RV resort wich is at 5220 Hudson Bend Rd, Austin Texas 78734 to any of the shuttle pickup points ????

carlos martel
    Participant

I have 4 extra tickets if anybody is interested at turn 4
    Section: T4-7
    Row: 6
    Seats:23-26
    Reserved Seating
    Turn 4 Bleacher Grandstand
    thanks

mfDB
    Participant

I’m in the turn 4 stand with my wife, dad, bro, and his girlfriend. Looking forward to it!
    Is there any kind of meet up going on, at the track or downtown??
    I’ve been to Austin and it is a FUN town to go drinkin’!!

ccolanto
    Participant

I’m in Turn 12, grandstand 12 I think too.
    How about those bus line ups. oh man…..

codesurge
    Participant

Was sitting at the turn 5 grandstand. Bit disappointed that the seats weren’t high enough to see turn 12 – view was partially blocked by the support race trailers in between.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.