Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Going to the United States Grand Prix at Circuit of the Americas

Public Group active 3 days, 17 hours ago

Group for fans going to the United States Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas.

For America’s other round of the F1 championship see here:
Going to the Grand Prix of America

Going to the 2013 United States Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas

This topic contains 70 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex green Alex green 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Alex green
    Alex green
    Participant

Cheers Micheal i was just going to grab a cab to the bus station,and yes im flying from SA so its hardly worth it
    If anybody sees a lost scotsman on a greyhound bus next week its only me :)

Profile photo of Michael Moran
    Michael Moran
    Participant

In that case, bus is probably the best bet. Try to get an express to SA….there are a lot of small towns between Austin & SA.

Alex green
    Participant

Micheal yip im booked on an express
    So all systems are go leave 2mr morning arrivie into austin at 10pm via dallas and im on t1 over the w/end

Profile photo of us-brian
    us-brian
    Participant

@Alex green I will be also in T1 Section 3
    Would be awesome to meet some fellow F1fanatics

Profile photo of RobertoLarcos
    RobertoLarcos
    Participant

One more attendee here. I’ll be in the main grandstand.

I was out in downtown Austin last Saturday night and loved the party atmosphere. Expecting this weekend to be spectacular! The Fan Fest sounds great.

I love it when a city properly embraces F1 and puts on lots of events for the fans. The best example of this would be Montreal. If only all the venues did the same!

Profile photo of marcky
    marcky
    Participant

For whoever might be interested, there’s an auction going on at the Austin Convention Center this weekend, and you can go check out the cars for sale (including 3 F1 cars, a 1977 shadow, a 1996 Benetton and 1998 Ferrari) and several other classic cars, tickets are $25. Check out here: http://www.motostalgia.com/the-cars/
    I’ll be going to that on Friday or Saturday afternoon, before hitting the Fan Fest, which will be very close by! Seems like a nice addition to a very motorsport-centric weekend!

Michael Moran
    Participant

Welcome to Austin to those that are here or soon to be! Hoping you enjoy our area as much as I do. If anyone wants to plan a meetup, in front of the reflecting pool at the Grand Plaza would be a nice spot. Would make for a good photo op with the tower in the background. Saturday after qualifying anyone?

Profile photo of marcky
    marcky
    Participant

I’m in. I’ll be the guy with a Brazilian flag, I’ll be easy to spot.

So, my wife managed to get us some general admission tickets for the race, and we also grabbed a parking ticket for one of the offsite lots. This will be my first race, so I am wondering if anyone can recommend things to bring? We are going out and grabbing some folding chairs today, but is there anything else we should think to bring?

Also, as we have general admission tickets, does that mean we can sit in any of the GA areas? What other access areas are there at the circuit?

Thanks!

Michael Moran
    Participant

bring sunscreen & a bottle of water. You can refill them in several locations.

Alex green
    Participant

Sorry only checked here today since i left
    im also in section 3 at t1
    i will be around the grand plaza after the race if anybodys around
    ill check back in the morning

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.