Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Going to the United States Grand Prix at Circuit of the Americas

Public Group active 1 week, 5 days ago

Group for fans going to the United States Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas.

For America’s other round of the F1 championship see here:
Going to the Grand Prix of America

Going to the 2014 United States Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas

This topic contains 38 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Michael Moran Michael Moran 4 days, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Michael Moran
    Michael Moran
    Participant

I’m fairly confident in what I was told about the ticket sales beginning the last part of February. As far as the shuttles, I don’t expect there to be any concrete info until a month or two before the race. However, it went pretty well with the shuttles this year, so I anticipate pretty much the same. One shuttle location downtown by the Convention Center & several shuttle lots within a few miles of the track. These however would require a car to get to. Also, with regards to parking….Lot Q which is the cheapest($60 of for the weekend) & located roughly at the intersection of 812 & 21, has shuttles that drop you off within 100 yards of the T11 entrance gate. The downtown & remote shuttles will drop you at McAngus & Elroy & will require about a 3/4 mile walk to the entrance at the Grand Plaza. This is the closest entrance to the T15 grandstands. They have a shuttle at that entrance that will take you from that point to the Main Grandstand/T1 and another that will take you to T11. If you will be going to the grandstands between T2 & T9, it is easiest to enter the Grand Plaza gate & then take the two pedestrian bridges to there.

Profile photo of ckang
    ckang
    Participant

Thought I would let you guys know, I was able to reserve seats by calling COTA last Friday. The info is not public, but it seems tickets are on sale since they’re listed at Formula1.com as well. Will be sitting at turn 5, a little sad to hear the response to the sound, but still excited nonetheless!

Michael Moran
    Participant

I paid for my Season Tickets today….Friday was the deadline. They sent me pricing info for all the tickets last week & looks like they are pretty much the same as last year. A little more info I’ve found out the last few days….. The dry camping will probably be moved to Lot F, from Lot M this year & reduced the cost to $400 & not include the 4 GA tickets. One reason for this is to reduce the parking in F & associated traffic on CoTA Blvd, as they want to do the shuttle drops closer to the Grand Plaza instead of on McAngus Rd where the have the last two years.

Profile photo of ckang
    ckang
    Participant

Thanks for the update Michael, I’m relieved to find out we won’t have to walk half a mile each way from the shuttle stops this year..

Michael Moran
    Participant

Hopefully they will be able to do that this year…..it could revert back though. You never know what CoTA is going to do until the last minute though…lol! Still, even at a half mile, it’s a shorter walk than where the shuttles drop you at Monza!

Looking forward to take my bike onto the track for a parade lap this weekend when they have the viewing party for the Qatar MotoGP race….pretty good chance for rain this weekend though, so they may not do it.

Profile photo of Lateralus
    Lateralus
    Participant

Bumping this thread… I will be at this race. We have seats for T12 grandstand for the weekend. Hoping to see some other F1Fs at some point during the weekend. Looking forward to my first live F1 race since Canada 2008.

Profile photo of ckang
    ckang
    Participant

Received our tickets this week! As an FYI the included map said that the shuttle from downtown will be $10 per person, I think that is round trip. We went for parking in lot Q for the weekend, which has its own shuttle to Parking L, since I didn’t want to walk 0.5 mi to the track and the cost is similar to taking the shuttle 3 times for 2 people.

Michael Moran
    Participant

Got my tickets yesterday also. The downtown shuttle is $10 r/t. They also posted the park & ride shuttle info located on 973. $20 for 3 days, $15 for 2 or $10 daily. Same walk as the downtown shuttle drop on McAngus Rd. Lot Q is a good deal. Big,a/c equipped buses that drop you off about 100 yards from the T11 entrance. There will also be a tram pickup by T11 that will take you to the Grand Plaza area & one from Grand Plaza to the Main GS & T1. It’s all walking on the side from T2 – T11. If you go out to catch a tram, make sure you get your ticket scanned & you’ll have to clear security & rescan back in. Kind of a pain, but moves fairly.

Profile photo of George O'Donnell
    George O’Donnell
    Participant

The link to the information about the weekend (including exact details of the shuttle) has now been posted by COTA.

http://circuitoftheamericas.com/f1/schedule

I’m going to buy my tickets this weekend! So excited :-D

Michael Moran
    Participant

What section were you thinking about buying? Very familiar with the circuit if you need any pointers.

Would be nice to meet up at some point with others going.

Profile photo of ckang
    ckang
    Participant

autograph sessions posted:

http://circuitoftheamericas.com/f1/driver-autograph-schedule

anyone familiar with going to the autograph sessions, where the booth will be located, etc? was wondering if it’s worth missing the end of qualifying to get in line for these, especially if shooting for RBR.

Michael Moran
    Participant

The booth to get the wristbands for autographs should be located in front of the reflecting pond as you enter the Grand Plaza.

Realistically, you need to get there very early to get one. They will set up queues for each team at least an hour before the time. I don’t know if they issue just one wristband, or individual ones for each team. If the times for teams are within an hour of each other, pick the one you want most as it’s highly unlikely you’d get to the other queue in time.

Profile photo of Theo Parkinson
    Theo Parkinson
    Participant

How likely is it that both drivers are there for the autograph session? And does anyone know which autograph sessions are most likely to be full?

Michael Moran
    Participant

I believe both drivers have shown up for the sessions in the past, but there is no guarantee. I would think this year with Vettel’s & Alonso’s status, if anyone was going to no show, it would be them.

All the larger teams will have full lines so you’d need to get there early, which means you
    miss the support races. The lines have always been too long for me to want to deal with it.

Profile photo of ckang
    ckang
    Participant

there’s a thread on Reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/) which has a lot of useful race info, and mentions the autograph sessions. someone said on there that you should expect to miss a chunk of qualifying (if not all) if you want to ensure being at the front of the lines. I’ll probably play it by ear and skip the session if it means missing qualy.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.