Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Going to the United States Grand Prix at Circuit of the Americas

Public Group active 1 day, 2 hours ago

Group for fans going to the United States Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas.

For America’s other round of the F1 championship see here:
Going to the Grand Prix of America

What is the camping like track side at Austin

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Michael Moran Michael Moran 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Drew Scott
    Participant

Has anyone ever camped at Austin? What is included in the Fees? What are grounds like? Where is the best place to reserve for an RV? I will be taking my 6 year old son, what is the atmosphere like there for the weekend?

Thanks

Michael Moran
    Participant

Been trying to post a reply, but it doesn’t show & I keep getting a duplicate post message, so I’ll try again later.

Drew Scott
    Participant

Okay, thanks for trying.

Michael Moran
    Participant

Your son will be fine there. There were quite a few kids around this past year and it was pretty well organized. Last year the dry camping was in Lot M, which is above T11. This year they are moving it to Lot N, which is close to Turns 3-7. There aren’t any included amenities except for some port-potties & lighting. You can pay extra for 30amp electrical & water service. They do not allow external generators or charcoal grills. You can use gas grills though. The electric service was $400, but I don’t know about the water as I didn’t need to refill. There are two other options that are close to the track. Haywood’s Hill above T11 & RV Nightly which is away from the track on 812. They both have websites, but I haven’t checked to see what they are offering for this year.

I have been trying to add pics, but so far no luck. I’ll see if this posts & then maybe edit and add the link.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123504420@N03/

Yay…it worked! The first 4 photos are from this past year at F1. The last two are from the MotoGP race last weekend with it set up in N. Of course, for F1, there will be bleachers below the camping area & on the F1 map, the forward section where the RV’s are parked is car parking & the RV parking is about 1/2 way up. Hopefully they will reverse it.

Michael Moran
    Participant

Good morning Drew. Your son will be right at home. We used the CoTA camping last year & there were no wild parties or lewdness. They have made some changes for this year as far as location & price. Last year was in Lot M which was just above T11. They are moving it to Lot N this year which is above T 3 – 7. Cost this year will be $400, with move in starting on the Thursday & you have to be out by noon on Monday. There are no amenities included in that price unless you consider a porta potty an amenity. Now, you should be able to opt for electric service, but that will be extra….it was $400 last year. They also have a truck for water service, extra$, but I made it thru the weekend without needing a refill or pump out. FYI….they do not allow portable generators, only self contained. Also no charcoal grills, only gas. There are only two other options that are close to the track & somewhat organized. Haywood Hill is just above 11 & you can see the track from the property. The other is RV Nightly which will be located on FM812 a bit farther from the track. Actually they operated on Mr. Haywood’s property last year, but they kind of had a falling out. You should be able to google both locations. As far as some additional info on CoTA’s RV spot, there is their website & you may want to contact Woody’s RV Rentals…they are the one’s that actually oversaw the lot last year & provided the electrical & water service. I believe they are doing it again this year. The link below are some pics from last year. The last two pics though are from last weekends MotoGP race & are of the new area in LotN.I do believe from the map for F1 that the lower section where the RV’s are parked will be just car parking & the actual RV parking will be a bit further up the hill.

http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/budaman65/library/CoTA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.