Formula Two

2013 GP2 Round 4: Monaco

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Aditya
    Participant

I’m somewhat surprise no thread has been started, I’ll start the thread with the news of qualifying. The villain driver Johnny Cecotto grabs pole on Monaco Feature Race for Arden.
    Full result here: http://www.gp2series.com/Results/?seasonid=169&raceid=929#

wsrgo
    Participant

I wanted to start a thread but was so ill yesterday that I couldn’t. And ‘villain’ seems a touch too strong to me. He could emulate his 2012 performance by winning today.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

You were watching Barcelona, right? He deliberately drove into Sergio Canamasas to stop Canamasas from passing. If that doesn’t make him a villain, then I don’t know what does.

melkurion
    Participant

never realised how wierd the qualifing sytem is….. Frijns starts 10th, but if he had had an even numbered car instead of an odd numbered car the same lap would have put him third on the grid….

Anonymous
    Inactive

@melkurion the qualifying is split like this only in Monaco for safety reasons, incase you didn’t know.

And knowing how ‘Villain Jr’ has done here in the past, I wouldn’t be so quick to write him off as the winner so quickly. Especially since theres no where to pass, and it’s not like he’s going to let anyone passed anyway.

melkurion
    Participant

Indeed i did not know, but I think it should then be based on each individual time, now the way i understand it because the villain posted teh quickest time in his group, everybody in his group gets to start on the clean side of the track, even though drivers in the other group posted better times then then the ones in the villains group

Anonymous
    Inactive

@melkurion Not quite right, the cars may be split in half for qualifying, but it depends on what time you posted, so even if for example, frijns posted the fastest time in his group, if 9 other drivers in the other group posted faster times, then he’d start 9th.
    So being split or having an odd number car means nothing, it purely depends on your lap time.

Anonymous
    Inactive

no actually, as Will buxton explains, Those in the faster group get the clean side of the grid, while the slower group goes on the dirty side.
    So who evers in the pole-mans group gets clean side.

Really weird way of doing things.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I think the intention is to overcome the advantage that the second group would get: a rubbered-in track surface from the first qualifying group. Whoever goes second would be able to eke out a few tenths of a second simply because the first drivers put the rubber there.

Antonio Nartea
    Participant

Well, for whoever’s watching now, this is hilarious…

Tomsk
    Participant

Out come the red flags, and it looks like we might get a full day of action on a Friday at Monaco after all…

Shame for Mitch Evans, that was a mega start – and another sarcastic “well done” to Cecotto.

Oblong_Cheese
    Participant

When is this guy going to get banned?

the_sigman
    Participant

Οh my god!

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

So, what happened this time?

We don’t get coverage of GP2 down here, so I have to rely on verbal accounts.

David-A
    Participant

What happened?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.