• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

GP2

Public Group active 2 months ago

The group for GP2 fans.

2013 GP2 Round 4: Monaco

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 51 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Keith Collantine Keith Collantine 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Journeyer
    Journeyer
    Participant
    Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

It’s like he didn’t even try to make the corner.

Profile photo of mildertduck
    mildertduck
    Participant

Well, that was a bit of a mess – at least a lot of the cars look relatively intact, so we might have several making the restart. Hope someone youtubes the coverage later, or I’ll be watching the replay on Tuesday night…

Profile photo of plutoniumhunter
    plutoniumhunter
    Participant

Lemme guess. Johnny Cecotto Jr.

Profile photo of Bosley
    Bosley
    Participant

In fairness, it didn’t look like Cecotto meant to brake that late, but it doesn’t bode well to his reputation.

Profile photo of Matthijs
    Matthijs
    Participant

I know Cecotto didn’t do it on purpose, but he is the one that caused it. When will he get his act together?

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Probably when the stewards get around to penalising him.

Profile photo of Matthijs
    Matthijs
    Participant

@prisoner-monkeys So true… In Malaysia and Barcelona that is, not for this pile-up.

Profile photo of Slr
    Slr
    Participant

I saw that crash coming a million miles away.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

That’s remarkable foresight, given that it is only about 300m from to the first corner.

Anyway, Sam Bird recovered from needing repairs to win the race, ahead of Kevin Ceccon and Mitch Evans.

Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Palmer’s not happy:

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Well, we all know what the stewards’ response will be – Palmer gets a penalty for the improper use of social media, whilst there is no action taken against Johnny Cecotto.

Profile photo of andae23
    andae23
    Participant

In my opinion the following drivers are to blame:

Cecotto: outbraked himself and ended up with Leimer on top of him. Not clever, but it can happen – it’s not near as bad as the thing he did in Spain.

Ceccon: he was the one that rammed Bird ‘Schumacher style’ at the apex of Ste Devote, but it didn’t seem as if he had outbraked himself. In my opinion, what Ceccon did was much worse than what Cecotto did and I’m surprised no one seems to be picking up on this.

Leal: must have seen the Ceccon/Bird crash in front and the Cecotto crash to the left, but still he didn’t slow down enough, which forced him to run wide and take out Palmer to his left. Again, his action was worse than Cecotto’s imo.

Also, Haryanto stalled his car when he tried to pass the carnage, which I thought was pretty funny.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

The problem is that everything Ceccon and Leal did came about as a direct result of Cecotto’s accident. If Cecotto had made it through the first corner, Ceccon and Leal would not have hit the other cars.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.