• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

GP2

Public Group active 1 week ago

The group for GP2 fans.

2013 GP2 Round 4: Monaco

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 51 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Keith Collantine Keith Collantine 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of wsrgo
    wsrgo
    Participant

An interesting article here regarding how the Cecotto incident should be looked at and how it could have been handled in a better way.

Profile photo of Euro Brun
    Euro Brun
    Participant

If Cecotto was right to receive a ban, it should have been from the entire next event. For this incident, I think the ban was harsh, but in the grand scheme of things deserved – but too late, IMO.
    GP2 as an organisation needs to get its act together. Bird had a wing changed, Frijns couldn’t have his tyres changed. Bird wins, Frijns can’t take restart. ???
    Hope FR3.5 on Sunday shows the GP2 crowd how to put on a spectacle devoid of mis-management.
    On a lighter note, they seriously need to place a ban on any more drivers beginning with ‘C’. Any time I see the names: Cecotto, Coletti, Ceccon or Calado, I have to re-read the article 3 times just to work out who I’m thinking of!

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

It has been explained why Frijns was not allowed to restart the race. He got out of his car, which was then cleared away, which is akin to forefeiting.

Profile photo of andae23
    andae23
    Participant

Coletti wins, from Quaiffe-Hobbs and Evans.

25 starters, 25 finishers – it can be done!

Profile photo of andae23
    andae23
    Participant
    Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Coletti celebrates his win with a tattoo:

Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

A fan captured another view of the multi-car shunt that stopped the first race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap0_87aRuXs

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.