Formula Two

2013 GP2 Round 6: Nurburgring

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Aditya
    Participant

DAMS have 1-2 grid lock-up as Richelmi set pole time ahead of Ericsson. Behind them is Frijns, Evans, Nasr, Leimer, Quaife-Hobbs, Calado, Bird, and Dillmann completing the top 10. Silverstone sprint race winner Lancaster will start from 16th with Haryanto in 20th. top 12 covered by 0.756s

wsrgo
    Participant

Hope DAMS have a bit of better luck this time around..

R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

Ericsson, Calado and Coletti on the podium.

Frijns lost 3 places on the last lap to fall to 6th and did some driving in the last few turns that would have people asking for a race ban if they were done by someone like Cecotto…

wsrgo
    Participant

Coletti under investigation for passing under SC, Dillmann under investigation for unsafe release, Frijns under investigation for undafe driving..

DaveF1
    Participant

Frijns is so dirty, he may be quick but I hope he doesn’t make it to F1 if he keeps resorting to such tactics.

Aditya
    Participant

Left the race cause of bad internet connection. Interesting as you guys mention Frijns. Remind me of MSC. Still remember the accident with Bianchi in WSR last year? But for this one, I’ll reserve my judgement cause I don’t see it.

R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

Looked like, when defending 3rd on the last lap, he turned in on Coletti into 13+14 then cut the chicane coming out. D’Ambrosio wasn’t all that impressed when watching it on the replay.

Also, bummed out that Rossi fell out of the points.

andae23
    Participant

Definitely some Barcelona ’12 flashbacks… it wasn’t particularly nice what Frijns did, probably what Webber and Alonso refer to as ‘GP2 mentality’. I’ve got mixed feelings about this incident: it’s in the grey zone, but both drivers were to blame here I’d say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvC6lhZFvHg

Nick
    Participant

I can’t find the link (in Dutch even), but I read Frijns said something akin to the following; he felt comfortable defending so hard on Coletti because they’ve raced before and he knows Coletti would be able to handle it, another driver he would have not defended so hard for fear of a crash. He also hit the kerbs too hard and the anti-stall kicked in, hence he lost so much pace after the chicane.

To be honest, Frijns might have things under control, but the outside world might not view it that way. He needs to keep a look out on moves like that, even if he trusts his competitor.

Here’s some words from his twitter, pretty harsh about the pitstop too. (Hope the embedding works)

Tomsk
    Participant

The TV director should get a penalty for that one. Why can’t they show a replay, or inset/split screen of the winner crossing the line, instead of interrupting a race to the finish just behind?

Very engaging race though, with a surprising amount of action in the much-maligned turns 2 & 3.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.