Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

GP2

Public Group active 1 week, 2 days ago

The group for GP2 fans.

GP2 2014 teams and drivers

This topic contains 201 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Araqiel Araqiel 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 202 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of wsrgo
    wsrgo
    Participant

GP2 does have prize money. In fact, they are the only junior series to pay their drivers.
    But the amount of money required for a seat is huge…it has been estimated to be 2.5 million euros max.

Profile photo of R.J. O'Connell
    R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

Adrian Quaife-Hobbs to Rapax:

http://www.gp2series.com/News-Room/News/2014/03_March/Adrian-Quaife-Hobbs-joins-forces-with-Rapax-/

AQH really improved after switching from lowly MP Motorsport to Hilmer. I’d expect him to get the better of Simon Trummer throughout the season.

Profile photo of Iestyn Davies
    Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Does AutoGP? @wsrgo I remember a prize fund of 5, 10 or 20k Euros for the highest scoring drivers each weekend.

I agree @rjoconnell. Maybe some top 8 finishes? Will we see him in the early season Coletti car or the late season one..

Profile photo of wsrgo
    wsrgo
    Participant

@fastiesty Yes, that prize fund had been suspended for 2013, but will be reinstated in 2014, according to series boss Enzo Coloni.
    As for AQH, it will be tough for him to shine in a field containing Vandoorne, Marciello, Evans, Rossi, Palmer and possibly Nasr.

Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Nathanael Berthon stays for a third season, now with Venezuela GP Lazarus:

Profile photo of wsrgo
    wsrgo
    Participant

Back of the grid shuffle time now…I hope the driver alongside Berthon is a pay driver, otherwise Berthon might get the chop in the middle of the year..

Profile photo of wsrgo
    wsrgo
    Participant

Wow, Keith, that was quick :)

On a more serious note, this makes the GP2 grid even better!

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

The line-up continues to take shape (GP2 rookies marked with an *)

Russian Time

Mitch Evans
    Artem Markelov*

Carlin

Julian Leal
    Felipe Nasr

Racing Engineering

Raffaele Marciello*
    TBC

DAMS

Jolyon Palmer
    Stephane Richelmi

ART

Stoffel Vandoorne*
    Takuya Izawa*

Hilmer

Daniel Abt
    Facu Regalia*

Rapax

Simon Trummer
    Adrian Quaife-Hobbs

Arden

Rene Binder
    Andre Negrao*

Caterham

Rio Haryanto
    Alexander Rossi

MP

Daniel De Jong
    TBC

Trident

Johnny Cecotto Jnr
    TBC

Venezuela GP Lazarus

Nathanael Berthon
    TBC

Campos

Arthur Pic*
    Kimiya Sato*

Profile photo of Bradley Downton
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

I hope I’m not alone in not being greatly enthusiastic about the GP2 grid as yet…

Profile photo of Iestyn Davies
    Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Well, it definitely feels like there are ‘number one drivers’ in each team.. but the fight at the top of the grid/reverse grid is where we will see the action in GP2. Nasr, Evans, Palmer, Rossi, Vandoorne, Marciello, and two more could make up that top 8. Maybe Pic or AQH? The other experienced guys should be there or thereabouts, as well.

Profile photo of hunocsi
    hunocsi
    Participant

I think the championship could be very exciting, the overall quality of the field seems better than in the last few years with the drivers mentioned by @fastiesty, and I would keep an eye on Sato as well, he’s been unexpectedly good in an obviously not as highly rated series last year, but as a rookie. I’m really looking forward to this season, more so than to FR3.5.

Profile photo of Bradley Downton
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

Well, despite my pessimism it seems many people are excited for a decent season. Hopefully this means we get enough interest for me to run the GP2 article’s again this season!

Profile photo of R.J. O'Connell
    R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

Go back a few pages in the thread and this was shaping up to be the worst grid in GP2 history. Now you have at least six genuinely good championship contenders and only two of them are past their second year in the series.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Following last year’s disappointment at Rapax, Coletti moves to Racing Engineering alongside Marciello:

http://www.gp2series.com/News-Room/News/2014/03_March/Stefano-Coletti-completes-the-2014-Racing-Engineering-line-up/

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 202 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.