Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

GP2

Public Group active 2 hours, 59 minutes ago

The group for GP2 fans.

GP2 2014 teams and drivers

This topic contains 201 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Araqiel Araqiel 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 202 total)
  • Author
    andae23
    Participant

So it’s official: Campos returns in replacement of Addax:

The following teams entered 2014 GP2 Series:

Arden International
    ART Grand Prix
    Campos Racing
    Carlin
    DAMS
    EQ8 Caterham Racing
    Hilmer Motorsport
    MP Motorsport
    Racing Engineering
    Rapax
    RUSSIAN TIME
    Trident
    Venezuela GP Lazarus

http://www.gp2series.com/News-Room/News/2013/10_October/GP2-Series-announce-teams-for-2014-2016/

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Nice to see an old name making a return.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I will kind of miss the Addax name, though. It strikes me as an old-fashioned team name – an addax is an African antelope. Although somewhat ironically, it is notoriously slow and is easy prey for predators. Still, it’s more imaginitive than a name like “MP Motorsport” or “Racing Engineering”.

In fact, most of the GP2 team names are pretty good.

Nick
    Participant

Nice to see MP Motorsport intending to carry on. I do wonder if they will beyond Daniel de Jong’s GP2 career, but they’ve been steadily improving as a team.

wsrgo
    Participant

If they take 2 Dutch drivers, then..
    Worst possible driver line up next year: van Buuren, de Jong :/
    Best possible driver line up next year: Melker, Frijns

Rigi
    Participant

in my view, leimer, bird and calado are the only ones that should get an f1 seat in 2014. nasr has shown speed but he has not won a race yet. coletti shouldn’t get promoted because he’s just been dreadful in the second half of the season. palmer is too inconsistent, don’t understand the hype around him. ericsson and rossi should have another year in gp2.

however, where could leimer, bird and calado end up? i only know calado has a good chance at force india. bird.. he’s a mercedes driver, so maybe a mercedes engined car? williams maybe? and leimer, i don’t think he’s a junior of any f1 team. unfortunately i can only see him as a test driver for an f1 team. lotus possibly? they took valsecchi last year, but they have their own young drivers program. we’ll have to wait and see.

I’m selling two full vip ticket for the Abu Dhabi grand Prix, is there a place where I can post this information here?

Thanks in advance,

Simon

Miguel
    Participant

Simmon Trummer has been confirmed to continue with Rapax in 2014 http://www.gp2series.com/News-Room/News/2013/10_October/Rapax-and-Simon-Trummer-to-continue-together-in-2014/

Personally, I think that Trummer doesn’t deserve that seat in Rapax after 2 years racing in GP2.

wsrgo
    Participant

@flybird The fact that Trummer has been announced so early is easily indicative of his role in the team..that of a pay driver.
    I hope they make a good choice on their other driver, because frankly, that’s who will give them most of their points.

R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

Rossi could certainly do himself some good with another year in GP2, but at the same time…Caterham isn’t expected to leap into the midfield next year no matter who they sign for 2014, so why not take a chance on him for next year?

andae23
    Participant

Guess who’s travelling to Abu Dhabi?

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Martin Whit did drop a hint that McLaren would place a driver in GP2 next year, though he didn’t say who. It’s believed to be Vandoorne, though there is no indication of where he will go. My guess is ART, Russian Time, or possibly Campos (Adrian Campos knows how to win in GP2).

wsrgo
    Participant

POST-SEASON TESTING LINEUP (DAY 1):
    DAMS: Kevin Magnussen, Stephane Richelmi.
    ART: Stoffel Vandoorne, Arthur Pic
    Arden: Nico Mueller, Rene Binder
    Racing Engineering: Rio Haryanto, Jolyon Palmer
    Carlin: Jazeman Jaafar, Carlos Sainz, Jr.
    RUSSIAN TIME: Artem Markelov (German F3 runner-up), Mitch Evans
    Caterham: Facu Regalia, Alexander Rossi
    Addax: Rodolfo Gonzalez, Nikolay Martsenko
    Rapax: Sandy Stuvik (F3 Open championship leader), Simon Trummer
    Trident: Raffaele Marciello, Julian Leal
    Hilmer: Daniel Abt, Andre Negrao
    Lazarus: Johnny Cecotto, Jr., Denis Nagulin (race winner in Formula Abarth)
    MP: Will Stevens, Daniel de Jong

Tomsk
    Participant

I’m reading way too much into a testing line-up, but interesting to see so many Renault 3.5 front-runners there – most of them finished ahead of Sirotkin… but no Felix da Costa, and no Nasr, Bird or Calado (who’s already said he’s off).

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Bird is off helping Russian Time get their GP3 team up and running. Nasr has seen his sponsorship portfolio take a hit in recent days, because he is backed by Eike Batista, who just filed for bankruptcy. And if da Costa is staying with Red Bull, he won’t do GP2 because Red Bull prefer Formula Renault.

Besides, only about half of the drivers testing will likely race next year. And most of them will race for someone other than whom they are testing for.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 202 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.