Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

GP2

Public Group active 1 week ago

The group for GP2 fans.

GP2 2014 teams and drivers

This topic contains 187 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Iestyn Davies Iestyn Davies 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 188 total)
  • Author
    SP
    Participant

Kvyat’s fast, but being rushed up to F1 without sufficient experience. Red Bull must think he’s the next Vettel and doesn’t need to refine his racecraft by competing in GP2 or FR3.5 first…

R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

It didn’t hurt Valtteri Bottas all that much, though.

Bosley
    Participant

@wsrgo Theres too many F3 championships for me to keep my head around.

@rjoconnell The difference between Kvyat and Bottas was Bottas got a whole year of being a third driver for Williams in 2012 with i think around 14 Friday practice drives while Kvyat has had none.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Throwing drivers in the deep end and pulling the carpet out from under them as soon as they falter is Red Bull’s m.o.

andae23
    Participant

http://twitter.com/Daniel_Abt/status/432188172840091648
    I was just thinking: what does the Force India livery need most? Oh that’s right, two more colours.

Looks even more like a mess now. I wonder if DHL and PS4 will appear on the F1 Force India as well…?

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

DHL is Abt’s personal sponsor. And Sony is believed to be talking with McLaren, not Force India.

andae23
    Participant

Unlikely, then.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

I’m surprised that PS4 is on the GP2 car then.. a cheaper sponsorship?

@jb001 And now Mazepa’s drivers may struggle to secure their rides after his death. I think a lot of them relied on him for the funding for their seats. I know both Bernstorff and Dillmann have had accounts at iRacing (think, cheap man’s simulator time).

Seeing how Kvyat dominated at Monza in GP3, at the moment he’s the closest thing they have got to a Vettel replacement. Ricciardo replaces Webber, Vergne Alguersuari, da Costa Liuzzi, Sainz Jr Buemi.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

@andae23 – I think you are jumping to conclusions. Losing the government backing us a blow, but it does not completely kill Cecotto’s chances. Look at Mitch Evans – his entire career is funded by one man, somebody Giltrap.

wsrgo
    Participant

Japanese driver Kimiya Sato will partner Arthur Pic in Campos for the upcoming GP2 season. The 24-year-old finished 3rd in German F3 in 2012 and was a runner-up in the Auto GP World Series season last year. He also participated in the Young Drivers’ Test at Silverstone, for Sauber. Link here
    Interestingly, he is managed by Taki Inoue.

SP
    Participant

As posted by wsrgo in the GP3 section, Russian Time is withdrawing from the GP3 and GP2 championships. This leaves Tom Dillman without a seat for the upcoming season.

Motopark splits with Russian Time

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112544

Could this be the end of both Russian Time GP2 and GP3 team?

Recent Update on Russian Time:

“Sky sources say that negotiations with another team to operate RUSSIAN TIME are at an advanced stage and they will compete in both GP2 and GP3 in 2014.””

R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

A week ago Taki was trashing GP2, GP3 and FR3.5 for being filled with talentless pay-drivers (which in the case of FR3.5 and GP3, was rubbish). Wonder what he thinks of GP2′s talent level now that his driver is in the series?

Also wow, Russian Time 1 and done in GP2/3. That really sucks.

keithcollantine
    Keymaster

Official confirmation on Raffaele Marciello at Racing Engineering:

http://www.racing-engineering.com/GP2/news/176/176.html

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 188 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.