Formula Two

Where will Nasr go next year?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Gabriel Fernando
    Participant

I’m curious to see what team Nasr will go next year, he already said that he wouldn’t stay at Dams so there are few great teams, what do you think?

Tom L.
    Participant

What’s your source that he won’t be staying at DAMS?

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I’m very curious as to why he wouldn’t want to stay at DAMS. They were easily the best team in GP2 this year.

However three scenarios come to mind that might explain why he will leave the team:

1) He doesn’t have much say in the matter. He may not have enough money to continue running in what is becoming a very expensive series, or the team may feel that he is not living up to expectations, particularly after Valsecchi won the title and he could only manage tenth (Calado, the highest-placed rookie, was fifth overall).
    2) He thinks that joining another team will give him a better chance of making it to Formula 1. In this case, I would expect him to go to Lotus; Esteban Gutierrez has been links to a Sauber seat, whilst James Calado is believed to have run out of money.
    3) He is leaving GP2 altogether, probably for Formula Renault 3.5, which is the better series these days. Although DAMS has a team there, Nasr would be better off trying to get into Tech 1, Arden Caterham or Fortec.

I’d say the third scenario is the most likely.

Gabriel Fernando
    Participant
    Gabriel Fernando
    Participant

And he gave a interview in portuguese.Unfortunatelly you won’t understand.
    But, to say I’m not lying, this is the link:
    http://blog.jovempan.uol.com.br/f1/confira-o-formula-jovem-pan-com-grandes-entrevistas/

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was glad to see such a promising driver enter GP2 this year, and I’d be sad to see him leave for Formula Renault 3.5.
    I remember Jean-Paul Driot saying he was happy with Nasr and that he’d likely be at DAMS in 2013, but I could be wrong.
    I hope he remains at DAMS; if that isn’t the case I hope he changes team but not series.
    Unless DAMS don’t want him, by leaving them he’s eyeing a stronger team, and I can only think of Lotus ART. Gutierrez could be off to F1 and honestly I don’t know whether he’d remain in GP2 if that wasn’t the case. They could keep Calado as they don’t strike me as a team who desperately needs cash, and probably the Brit can bring a few more sponsors after his great debut season. Nasr could be a perfect partner, as both would be young but with one season of experience. They could both battle for the title. And I’m pretty sure Nasr’s sponsors bring plenty of money, so Lotus are not going to be without money but, like this year, with little money from one driver and a lot from the other.

Gabriel Fernando
    Participant

Yeah, Nasr said that he had too many mechanical problems this year and he couldn’t stay in a team that just focus in Valsecchi.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Gabriel Fernando
    Participant

@fixy Can be, but it is too soon to say something, he can go to ART because Calado is without money and Abt is almost confirmed there

Gabriel Fernando
    Participant

@fixy But for me, the best would be go to ART if Calado get out of there, for sure is the best team on the grid.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.