GP3

Ocon's brilliant pass on Fuoco

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Esteban Ocon vs Antonio Fuoco: No DRS. No Fanboost. Just a superbly judged overtaking move. The best bit of driving from the entire Russian Grand Prix weekend:

R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

This is the young driver Mercedes should be paying Manor to run next year.

PorscheF1
    Participant

Ready to replace Vandoorne at ART I guess.

Atticus
    Participant

Wow. Just wow.

Poor Ocon, how on Earth could he have that long a series of 2nd-place finishes (by the way), it’s beyond my imagination.

InSilico_
    Participant

His pass on Mardenborough was amazing as well. For some reason Mardenborough took a tighter line into that corner which would have made him slower through the corner but nevertheless, it was a brilliant overtake.

https://streamable.com/dejj

R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

@atticus-2 Should have won at Spa – and that string of 2nds is more podiums than Ghiotto has all season.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

If he gets DTM + FP1s with Force India.. good or bad? I can see this one going down to the wire, but Ocon is gaining momentum. The Spa penalty could swing it, but interestingly if you take out pole, fast lap and sprint race points, it’d be just as even, but Bernstorff would also have a chance, actually leading by 2 and 5 if given the Spa win. So that just shows how pole, fast lap and sprint race recovery will be half of the battle to win the title.

R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

DTM+Force India 3rd driver role didn’t work out for Daniel Juncadella, but I doubt Mercedes will let Ocon fall into that same void.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.