GT Racing

2013 FIA/SRO GT World Series (GT1 Sprint Series & Blancpain Endurance Series)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This is what is replacing the GT1 World Championship next year, as well as incorporating the Blancpain Endurance Series race into it.

Made up of 7 Sprint Series races (GT1 World Champ. format: 5×2 1-hour races) and 5 Endurance races (Blancpain Endurance Series format – 3×3-hour races, 1×6-hour race and 1×24-hour race).

Teams that enter both sets of races are eligible for the GT1 World Series Teams & Manufacturers titles. But both the sprint and Endurance series will have their own championships and titles as well.

Contrary to the name, as with 2012, the series will be run to GT3 spec, which is pretty much the top GT spec anyway, so why they still call it GT3 I don’t know. So hopefully all the GT1 favourites like Hexis, All-Inkl and Vita-4-One will be there. Apparently the Seb Loeb Red Bull McLaren will attend a few races too. I imagine Rossi will be back in his F458 too.

Should be brilliant. Really enjoyed these SRO series over the past 3 years, so bringing them properly together into one championship will hopefully lead to great things. Fingers crossed for a British round. Blancpain had a Silverstone race last summer. I’ll aim for that one.

I found out about it here: http://www.motorsport.com/endurance/news/the-fia-gt-world-series-to-debut-in-2013/

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.