Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

GT Racing

Public Group active 5 months, 2 weeks ago

Group for fans of the GT1 World Championship and other forms of GT Racing.

One of the worst pieces of driving I've seen for a while

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of dragoll dragoll 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Matteo Malucelli has been involved in his second major crash in as many races in the United Sportscar Championships.

This is how he chose to rejoin the track after spinning off during the 12 Hours of Sebring:

http://youtu.be/oZXMpqyq0uc

Malucelli was also involved in the horrific crash at Daytona which left Memo Gidley with severe injuries.

He was unharmed after this one as well but hopefully someone’s going to inflict wounds on his racing licence because this is clearly unacceptable.

Is it just me, or is it always Ferrari drivers that cause these big endurance crashes?

Nick
    Participant

Absolutely horrendous driving. I don’t even want to know what that would’ve looked like in open wheeled cars, and frankly it’s amazing there weren’t more cars taken out as is..

R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

That wasn’t even the worst bit of dumb driving in a span of six hours at Sebring:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzxUZvWfQNs

GeeMac
    Participant

Wow that bit of driving by Malucelli was awful. That’s something that you expect, and is unacceptable, when playing Forza online, it’s down right stupid in a top flight sports car race.

Atticus
    Participant

I agree that’s awful. Pretty appaling driving standard indeed, I wonder if he went unpunished.

George
    Participant

@magnificent-geoffrey
    Italians…

matt90
    Participant

I can only assume he put his foot down with no idea how compromised his steering was, or intending to wheel spin to turn tighter. Still incredibly stupid, but surely he didn’t intentionally just drive into the middle of a race track, immediately after a corner, at slow speed?

dragoll
    Participant

Just when you start to think that American motorsport might be making strides in the right direction, I’ve always thought American motorsport has always been about bigger engines, not about faster cars, recently they’ve been improving a hell of a lot, the NASCAR academy is one of the best motorsport academies in the world… Then this…

This is the sort of thing that leads to serious injuries, I’m just glad in this instance the only thing injured is the back pockets of the teams that have to pay to repair their wreckages.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.