Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

GT Racing

Public Group active 5 months, 2 weeks ago

Group for fans of the GT1 World Championship and other forms of GT Racing.

Video: Grandstand finish in Porsche race at Mosport

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of the_sigman the_sigman 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Former Canadian Grand Prix venue Mosport (which they now insist on calling ‘Canadian Tire Motorsport Park’) saw a superb scrap for the lead in the Porsche IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge race on Saturday.

There was just 0.011s in it between Madison Snow and Angel Benitez Jnr at the flag. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/WjtQJPWvWGI

George
    Participant

Really great driving, you need a lot of respect to follow someone that close and not hit them. In hindsight the black car should have stayed tight on the last corner, but that’s an easy mistake to make.

I agree about the naming farce, how could they think throwing their heritage away like that was a good idea?

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@George Laguna Seca did the same thing. I refuse to call it ‘Mazda Raceway’.

the_sigman
    Participant

@keithcollantine The difference is that Laguna Seca is named ”Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca”. It is basically more like the ”2013 Rolex Australian Grand Prix” ;-)

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@sigman1998 Is it? It’s just that their Twitter handle is @Mazdaraceway and their web address is mazdaraceway.com…

the_sigman
    Participant

@keithcollantine I didn’t know. The logo is mentions Laguna Seca, the wikipedia says what I said earlier and the title of the website is also like that. But I don’t really know

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.