The group for IndyCar fans.
2013 Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma
25th August 2013, 9:43 at 9:43 am #133526
Lucas Luhr will make his IndyCar Series debut, driving the #97 Honda for Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing. J. R. Hildebrand will drive the #98 car for Barracuda Racing.
1 Helio Castroneves – 453
2 Scott Dixon – 422
3 Ryan Hunter-Reay – 388
4 Marco Andretti – 377
5 Simon Pagenaud – 35025th August 2013, 9:44 at 9:44 am #24073725th August 2013, 9:45 at 9:45 am #240738
1. Dario Franchitti (Ganassi/Honda) – 1m17.5271s
2. Scott Dixon (Ganassi/Honda) – 1m17.7196s +0.1925s
3. Will Power (Penske/Chevy) – 1m17.9735s +0.4464s
4. Ryan Hunter-Reay (Andretti/Chevy) – 1m18.1314s +0.6043s
5. Helio Castroneves (Penske/Chevy) – 1m18.1766s +0.6495s
6. Charlie Kimball (Ganassi/Honda) – 1m18.2009s +0.6738s
7. Justin Wilson (Coyne/Honda) – 1m18.2138s Round 2
8. Graham Rahal (Rahal/Honda) – 1m18.3051s Round 2
9. James Hinchcliffe (Andretti/Chevy) – 1m18.3135s Round 2
10. Simon Pagenaud (Schmidt/Honda) – 1m18.3787s Round 2
11. Marco Andretti (Andretti/Chevy) – 1m18.6230s Round 2
12. Sebastien Bourdais (Dragon/Chevy) – 1m26.7515s Round 2
13. Takuma Sato (Foyt/Honda) – 1m18.9164s Group 1
14. Tristan Vautier (Schmidt/Honda) – 1m18.3141s Group 2
15. EJ Viso (Andretti/Chevy) – 1m18.9344s Group 1
16. Tony Kanaan (KV/Chevy) – 1m18.3318s Group 2
17. Josef Newgarden (Fisher/Honda) – 1m19.0094s Group 1
18. JR Hildebrand (Barracuda/Honda) – 1m18.7114s Group 2
19. James Jakes (Rahal/Honda) – 1m19.1563s Group 1
20. Sebastian Saavedra (Dragon/Chevy) – 1m18.8967s Group 2
21. James Davison (Coyne/Honda) – 1m19.5285s Group 1
22. Ryan Briscoe (Panther/Chevy) – 1m18.9743s Group 2
23. Simona de Silvestro (KV/Chevy) – 1m19.5298s Group 1
24. Ed Carpenter (Carpenter/Chevy) – 1m19.2376s Group 2
25. Lucas Luhr (Fisher/Honda) – 1m19.9805s Group 225th August 2013, 15:16 at 3:16 pm #240739
Ganassi cars are great again!26th August 2013, 2:23 at 2:23 am #240740
Delta Golf SierraParticipant
The penalty on Dixon was an absolute joke. What did race control expect him to do differently? The guy with the tire practically walked into his car, and clearly wasn’t paying attention. If Indycar wants to be taken seriously, it has to stop making stupid calls like this. They also need to make markings for the pit boxes more clear.26th August 2013, 7:22 at 7:22 am #240741
That was a messy race. Good win for Power, though, and glad to see Wilson recover after his unfortunate site.
@cumulonimbus I don’t believe the person Dixon hit was being ignorant or negligent – Dixon was the one driving the car and needed to leave him a bit more space. I have no complaint about the penalty.26th August 2013, 8:21 at 8:21 am #240742
Impressed with Justin Wilson’s comeback from dead last to 2nd. I know its a little easier when guys in front are making basic mistakes, but you still got to make it through the carnage, so he did really well.26th August 2013, 9:18 at 9:18 am #24074326th August 2013, 12:29 at 12:29 pm #240744
Here’s a fan’s video of an earlier simultaneous stop for Power and Dixon in which the right-rear crew man did pretty much the same thing and didn’t get hit:26th August 2013, 12:50 at 12:50 pm #240745
When I watch that overhead shot of the pits, it looks like Dixon drives over where the tyre changer was already standing – so even if the man hadn’t moved, Dixon would still have run him over. It was a little harsh but that’s probably as a result of all the chaos today. If there wasn’t a yellow every 5 minutes and the field was more spread out, then the drive through may not have cost him 20-odd places.
Besides, Ganassi have had a fair few dodgy decisions work in their favour before, so I don’t think they should complain.26th August 2013, 13:13 at 1:13 pm #240746
In my opinion, Indycar’s fault wasn’t penalizing Dixon, but not having clear limits where the driver can’t put his wheel on. Limits must not be movable like wheels, people or wheel guns. Limits must be cones (which are in a certain place) or lines.27th August 2013, 15:39 at 3:39 pm #240747
To be honest, from the race review it just looks like one constant collision.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.