IndyCar

2015 Indy Lights chassis render

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SP
    Participant

https://i.imgur.com/Lf5HLM8.jpg

The Dallara chassis pictured above won out over bids from Mygale and Multimatic. The proposed engine will be turbocharged with circa 450-500hp (Mazda, Honda and Chevrolet are possible manufacturers).

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Looks good, but I can’t help but wonder whether the rear wing should be closer in to the rear axle, and the front axle a bit further forward (like Lotus’ long wheelbase car).If the rear wing went a bit ‘F1’ and was taller and thinner, with less tow, would that be to the detriment of the series? The Indy 500 finish was something special to watch though.

Will the new car be faster? I imagine the safety boost is the main thing for having a new car? As the current one is now 12 years old, and I’m sure there must have been safety improvements made in that time (for car design).

SP
    Participant

The first test is expected to be in August 2014, so some specifics may well change before then. The main motivation behind the “start from scratch” plan was cost, speed and safety, with looks etc being a secondary factor. With manufacturer support the series will see healthier grids.

SP
    Participant

Some other suppliers have been announced on the Indy Lights website: Cosworth for electronics, PFC for brakes, and AER as the engine builder (manufacturer branding is still on the agenda). The engine spec mentioned was 2.0L 450hp with another 50hp boost delivered by push-to-pass for a specified time.

SP
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.