Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

IndyCar

Public Group active 1 week, 6 days ago

The group for IndyCar fans.

2015 Indycar silly season

This topic contains 44 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SP SP 2 days, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David not Coulthard
    David not Coulthard
    Participant

Excuse me.

Let me put an uneducated, baseless, but scientifically possible prediction:

Jean-Eric Vergne somewhere on the grid next year – perhaps in Newman-Haas with fellow STR DO Bourdais!

P.S. Italian reporters move on. There’s nothing of interest in this post.

Profile photo of SP
    SP
    Participant

Don’t think Vergne is interested, and NHR was on borrowed time after the death of Paul Newman.

Profile photo of SP
    SP
    Participant
    Profile photo of SP
    SP
    Participant

Parker Kligerman will test an Indy Lights car after expressing interest in an Indycar career: http://instagram.com/p/s0hotRyF41/

Profile photo of Iestyn Davies
    Iestyn Davies
    Participant

If Bird and Kligerman could replace Huertas and Saavedra, we’d be moving in the right direction. Montoya’s ‘Columbian successors’ would best be Munoz and Chaves.

That said, I can see Bird, Abt and others ‘doubling up’ between Indy and Formula E, trying to stick with whichever one they are successful in or can successfully get a seat in, if push comes to shove. Sato may try and stick in Formula E if his time in Indycar comes to an end.

Profile photo of SP
    SP
    Participant

I could see KV getting rid of Saavedra, but Coyne doesn’t have the money to pay two drivers good salaries and maintain both cars.

Apparently Briscoe’s presence at Ganassi next year isn’t confirmed yet, so that would the best open seat.

Profile photo of SP
    SP
    Participant
    Profile photo of craig-o
    craig-o
    Participant

It would be great to see Ganassi take a punt with Sam Bird or somebody. Bird is clearly a capable driver and I am sure he will adapt to the road and street courses pretty quickly. It’s just his, like most other ‘European’ racers, lack of oval experience which concerns me. Not everybody is going to be able to ‘do a Conway’.

Profile photo of SP
    SP
    Participant

The thing is that Ganassi already have Sage Karam under contract (who has already shown his adaptability and speed across Indycar, its ladder series and sports cars). He’s been consistently strong on ovals, something I have doubts about Bird being able to do. Out of the recent European-based converts Rubens Barrichello had the best oval average, approximately 9th (although that’s based on only 3 finishes). Aleshin showed more speed, but has a tendency to stick it in the wall too often to be reliable.

Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Penske’s super team just got even more super – they’re expanding to four cars next year and Simon Pagenaud will join champion Will Power, Juan Pablo Montoya and Helio Castroneves.

http://www.indycar.com/News/2014/09/9-29-Pagenaud-moves-to-Team-Penske-for-2015

Profile photo of craig-o
    craig-o
    Participant

Power/Montoya/Castroneves/Pagenaud is the sort of line-up that should make Ganassi and Andretti seriously think about who drives their cars. Each of those are absolutely class drivers. This could well be an era of dominance for Penske.

Profile photo of hunocsi
    hunocsi
    Participant

Now that’s a superteam.
    Does this mean that Pagenaud is not with Honda anymore? Because in that case he can wave goodbye to his wish to test drive next year’s McLaren-Honda.

Profile photo of Polishboy808
    Polishboy808
    Participant

Wow, I really hope this pushes Ganassi and Andretti to pick up some other great drivers. While next year looks to be set for Penske already, maybe this will see an increase in international drivers getting top seats for the 2016 season?

Profile photo of Polishboy808
    Polishboy808
    Participant

Just saw a private video of 2014 Indy Lights Champion Gabby Chaves testing what appeared to be Pageneud’s car in Homestead, he was part of a two car test for Chaves and Rodolfo Gonzalez….

Profile photo of George
    George
    Participant

Pagenaud is my favourite Indycar driver, hope he can pick up a championship or two!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.