IndyCar

Dan Wheldon’s crash

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Mouse_Nightshirt
    Participant

My thoughts and best wishes for a speedy recovery go to Dan Wheldon. Hopefully he’ll get well soon – thoughts with the family.

We’re currently following developments on F1 Fanatic Live:

https://www.racefans.net/f1-information/f1-live/f1-fanatic-live-2011-korean-gp-btcc-silverstone-indycar-las-vegas/

All hoping for the best.

IndyCar have now confirmed the awful news that Dan Wheldon lost his life that crash.

The worst possible news, deeply upsetting.

S.J.M
    Participant

Hard to accept in this day & age.

RIP Dan Wheldon

Polishboy808
    Participant

Saw it live, The most awful moment of my life. We raced with him earlier this year, great guy, so nice.

R.I.P Dan Wheldon 1978-2011

Mouse_Nightshirt
    Participant

Horrible, tragic news. My deepest condolences to his family. RIP.

JT19
    Participant

I have been watching it throughout and still cannot believe it. Such a great driver and a true racer and winner.

RIP Dan Wheldon

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Wow. What a shock. The initial accident didn’t look that bad, just two guys making contact and finding the wall. But then it snowballed and two more cars became airborne, and that was bad enough … but then Wheldon arrived on-scene, sailing through the air, and you knew it was a bad accident. I can only hope he didn’t suffer, that the force of the impact was enough to knock him out and that he never had to feel anything, because that was one of the worst accidents I’ve ever seen.

Rest in peace.

STSCM
    Participant

What terrible news this is. For a change I wasn’t watching the race, I’m glad now I missed that. Prayers to his young family.

f1alex
    Participant

Such tragic news. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

RIP Dan Wheldon

Jeff

Hey guys, this was one of the worst racing accidents I’ve seen live. 3 cars going up and over at insane speed. Here in the US, all racing fans that I know really liked Wheldon, and I was no different. A class act and a funny guy. May he rest in peace.

I don’t know what kind of “high up” individuals read this site, but I think it would be an honor for the V8 supercar race to be renamed in memorial for him. A different discipline, different nation, with some different drivers. But for someone like him in the racing industry this would be a great tribute not only to Dan and his family, but to the direct competitors that were friends with Dan.

BasCB
    Participant

It should have been a wonderfull day with a new Champion, a rookie of the year and a fantastic win. Instead its the saddest day in motorsport in years.

I had hoped I would never see something like this again after Imola ’94, but it seems that was not to be. A truely horrific accident. Sadly his last Indy500 race was what set up the path towards this. A huge field of 34 on a small oval and Wheldon with the task to battle through to win it.

RIP Dan Wheldon.

Huge respect to the series for calling the rest of the race off and what courage of the drivers to do those 5 tribute laps.

I can’t really add anything more that hasn’t already been said.

I really feel for his family. I hope there will be something set up fairly soon that will allow us all to pay tribute to Wheldon and send out condolences to his family.

dam00r
    Participant

What was it that actually ‘killed’ him?
    I didn’t watch this live.. just saw the news on CNN this morning.

We have seen crashes like this before but everybody has walked away from it..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.