IndyCar

Grand Prix of St. Petersburg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    mildertduck
    Participant

Well, qualifying has happened, and no surprises as to who’s on pole… for the fourth consecutive year it’s Will Power. A bit of a change behind him though, with the AJ Foyt car of Takuma Sato in 2nd, and the KV car of Simona de Silvestro in third… and the Ganassi cars? Dario is 10th, and Dixon 20th.

The full grid can be found at http://www.indycar.com/News/2013/03/3-23-Qualification-Results-HGPSP. Sounds like a good race coming up tomorrow night!

Antonio Nartea
    Participant

Pagenaud seems to be a bit too low in the pecking order as well, given his performances on street circuits have been solid last year. And look where Vautier is! :)

Should be fun tomorrow.

Viso had a heavy shunt in third practice at the kink – footage of the aftermath but not the incident here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iir0hK7FNkE

Hinchcliffe up in fourth looks promising and Vaultier sixth on his debut is very impressive. Can’t help but wonder if Power’s going to run away with it – though it looked that way last year and it all went wrong for him.

Tomsk
    Participant

When does F1 go to ten-thousandths of a second?

the_sigman
    Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeeP-kI7wyQ

Impressed about Sato and de Silvestro.

Tayyib
    Participant

Was a good race. My first ever full Indycar race and it was class. The finish with Scott Dixon, De Silvestro and Viso was really cool and good overtakes and action.

Silverkeg
    Participant

My first full IndyCar race too. Devastated for Power and the brilliant Simona de Silvestro but that finish was absolutely thrilling. Hinchcliffe was a popular winner.

I still think the new cars look really odd, but this race was enough to convince me to follow IndyCar this year

Antonio Nartea
    Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc5ip1B8m0A

Definitely much more entertaining than what we saw in Malaysia.

Tom L.
    Participant

Very entertaining race. A lot of big names (Franchitti, Hunter-Reay, Power) hitting problems and failing to get results, a promising debut from Vautier, De Silvestro finally being able to show what she can do, some of the more unpredictable racers like Andretti, Sato and Viso racing cleanly in the pack to score good points, the comedy of errors from JR Loldebrand, the scramble to the finish line, and a first-time winner in Hinchcliffe. Looking forward to round 2!

TommyB
    Participant

Fantastic first race and so happy Hinch one.

Power just can’t catch a break at the moment.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@tommyb89 He caught JR Hildebrand though!

Antonio Nartea
    Participant

Power just can’t catch a break at the moment.

Power’s string of bad luck and near misses baffles me.

However, entertaining as it was, there were no big surprises apart maybe from KV Racing going so well. Andretti and Penske are right up there through Power, Castronever, Hinch and Andretti and I expect Hunter-Reay and the Ganassis to catch up quite a lot once we hit the ovals.

As for what’s in store this season, I wouldn’t rule De Silvestro, Vautier, Saavedra and Rahal out for a major surprise later on.

Pleased to see Hinchcliffe win, looks like he could be a force this year. Pretty rotten luck for Power, though.

But what on earth is going on with Ganassi? They were just nowhere.

Also, good to see IndyCar not doing the rather cheesy music video highlights they started at the end of last year. Full marks for listening to the less-than-positive response from fans.

Craig Woollard
    Participant

I decided to nap and missed the first hour, d’oh!

Still, what I did see what brilliant! I have lots of love for Hinchcliffe, certainly my favourite driver in this series! It was a good sight to see De Silvestro mixing it at the front once again, after the shocker that was last season. That Vaultier fellow looks really strong as well, this season looks set to be a cracker! And zero calls for “hold position” or “multi 21”. Hinch for the title!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.