IndyCar

Grid penalties for 11 Chevrolet drivers after engine changes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

All 11 Chevrolet drivers will get ten-place penalties on the grid for Sunday’s race at Long Beach after engine changes:

Chevrolet engines to be changed prior to Long Beach

So that’s:

Will Power
    Helio Castroneves
    James Hinchcliffe
    Rubens Barrichello
    Marco Andretti
    Ryan Hunter-Reay
    Ryan Briscoe
    JR Hildebrand
    EJ Viso
    Tony Kanaan
    Ed Carpenter

Anonymous
    Inactive

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA wow…. I don’t really know how to respond to that

SteveMovieVoice
    Participant

Autosport said Bourdais as well. 12 drivers…

Victor_RO
    Participant

@SteveMovieVoice Bourdais isn’t running a Chevy engine though, he’s running a Judd (from now on I’m no longer calling it a Lotus engine).

SteveMovieVoice
    Participant

@Victor_RO I never said that the engine for Bourdais was a chevy. I do realise he is in the Lotus badged Judd, that has been playing up. I was just adding that it’s 12 drivers who will get penalties, not 11.

Lotus are now a byword for joke, although Chevy are running them close in IndyCar with this debacle.

BasCB
    Participant

And we thought Lotus/Judd were having trouble with reliability! Best chance so far for the Target cars to get pole, I guess.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@WelshF1 but the title of the post is ‘Grid Penalties for 11 Chevrolet drivers’. Whether anyone else has a grid penalty is neither here nor there in the context of this thread.

Joel Holland
    Participant

@welshf1 In fairness to Chevy, they have won the opening two races, so they’re hardly a joke. This ain’t good though.

Dixon for the win on Sunday? Pagenaud could be a bit of a dark horse too – podium maybe?

Joel Holland
    Participant

Oh, and that Franchitti fella might be able to kick-start his season now too ;)

AndrewTanner
    Participant

I wonder what the issue was with the engine(s)?

Better to be safe than sorry I guess!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.