IndyCar

How to watch IndyCar in your region

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

As I see a lot of comments asking how to watch different racing series in different countries, I thought it would be useful to start a series of threads where people can share the relevant information. I’m trying this out with four series to start with.

Wherever you are in the world, it would be helpful if you could spare a minute to offer the following information for each channel that broadcasts IndyCar live in your area:

1. What country are you in (and state, if applicable)
    2. Which channels broadcast IndyCar near you?
    3. Do they show all the races live or only a limited number (if so, how many?)
    4. If they are a subscription channel, what does a full year’s subscription cost (excluding limited time offers)?
    5. Do they broadcast coverage online? If so please post link/s
    6. Please supply any other relevant information such as alternative viewing options

Here’s an example for the UK:

1. UK
    2. BT Sport/ESPN
    3. Yes
    4. £380 (BT TV), £417 (Sky)
    5. http://sport.bt.com/watch-now-01363810618853
    6. A TV licence is required to view live all television programming in the UK: http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/

SP
    Participant

Keith, it wouldn’t hurt to have done the research before you wrote the Montoya article ;-)

The overseas rights are with ESPN International (which means ESPN in most countries). The exceptions I know of are Canada (Sportsnet), Australia (Speed) and New Zealand (Sky Sport). The St Pete race is live on ESPN UK at 8pm on Sunday. Some of the schedule may shift to BT Sport 1/2 in the future, but all three channels are part of the same package.

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

1. Aus
    2. Speed AU
    3. Yes
    4. Speed is on Foxtel and Austar, bills are variable based on subscription plans.
    5. No
    6. No Other Info

SP
    Participant

Seems it’ll be on Sky Sports 2 in Italy, which is apparently a widely available and popular channel.

Roald
    Participant

I have no idea if it’s being broadcast in the Netherlands. Does anyone know?

SP
    Participant

Try RTL7. That’s where it was last year and the rights haven’t re-negotiated since then.

Roald
    Participant

They broadcast races 3 weeks after they took place didn’t they? I think they weren’t full races either, correct me if I’m wrong.

SP
    Participant

Just highlights, unfortunately. Perhaps the series needs another Arie Luyendyk to make the case for live coverage on RTL. If you can’t get ESPN I’m not sure what to suggest (streaming aside).

Alonso
    Participant

1. What country are you in?
    Chile

ESPN and ESPN3

3. Do they show all the races live or only a limited number?
    The full season some race are show on tape delay due schedule clash.

4. If they are a subscription channel, what does a full year’s subscription cost?
    I have Movistar so that channel comes free on my TV package so I don’t have to pay an extra charge. (15 pounds per month)

espnplay.com
    For the Indy 500 they habilitate an OnBoard channel with 12 views.
    Need to subscribe with your Cable company.

6. Please supply any other relevant information such as alternative viewing options
    N/A

Any ideas on how to watch it in Indonesia?

SP
    Participant

Is ESPN available there? They do have a separate broadcast schedule for the Pacific region.

SP
    Participant
    GeeMac
    Participant

I just flicked through the channels last night before I went to bed and saw that IndyCar was on, it was an unexpected surprise as they haven’t ever shown it here before. Hurrah! Details below:

1. What country are you in (and state, if applicable)

United Arab Emirates – Dubai

OSN Sports 2 HD

3. Do they show all the races live or only a limited number (if so, how many?)

I presume they will be showing all the races, though the GP of St. Pete wasn’t advertised at all.

4. If they are a subscription channel, what does a full year’s subscription cost (excluding limited time offers)?

You get OSN Sports 2 HD “free” in the bundle of channels you get with any of the major TV operators Du , Etisalat and OSN. As I mentioned in the F1 equivalent of this thread, I’m not aware of the full breakdown but my monthly subscription for TV, Internet, Landline, minus the additional BeIn Sports channels which broadcast the F1, is about AED550 (GBP90 or USD150). It’s all bundled into one package so there isn’t any way to separate them out.

No.

No other info. Genuinely chuffed they are showing IndyCar this season.

Xander
    Participant

1. Australia
    2. Foxtel – SPEED and SPEED HD
    3. All (live and replays)
    4. AUD$50 per month with no lock in contracts (Foxtel Play, internet connection required). Alternatively, AUD$520 per 6 months (For normal Foxtel Sports Combo on 6 month contract)
    5. Foxtel Play is internet only. http://www.foxtel.com.au/foxtelplay/home/default.htm
    6. Available on PC and Mac, PS3, Xbox 360, and some smart TVs. Using Foxtel Go (free with Foxtel Play), you can also watch on iPad 2+, iPhone4+, Samsung GALAXY S3, S4 (model GT-19505), Note 2 or Note 3 (SM-N9005), Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 (Not 2014 version), Tab2 10.1, Tab3 7″, Tab3 8″ or Note 8″. Until 30th April 2014, a free 2 week trial is available.

SP
    Participant

Found some other broadcasters:

Canal 8 Sport – Denmark
    Sport1 US – Germany, Austria, Switzerland

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.