IndyCar

No 16th race and no Road America

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Disappointingly, IndyCar will not schedule a replacement for the cancelled race at Qingdao in China – despite speculation one would take place at the brilliant Road America track:

http://www.indycar.com/News/2012/06-June/6-25-IICS-2012-schedule-update

One interesting change has been made: the length of the final race at Fontana has been increased to 500 miles. Which is nice to see, but after getting my hopes up about a return to Road America I’m a bit gutted at this news. Oh well.

Lin1876
    Participant

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Anyway, that’s sad news, but hopefully they’ll go back at some point in the future. Road America is among the best tracks in America.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Coming from Wisconsin, I am massively disappointed! Luckily, Road America still holds the Grand-Am series, as well as ALMS and the Brian Redman vintage weekend as well.

Mikemat5150
    Participant

I can hold out hope that Road America will be on the schedule for next year as there does seem to be some major interest from both sides. Also been hearing rumors that Phoenix will be on the schedule next year.

The 500 miler at Fontana will be cool. I’m glad they increased the length to make it a big season finale and hopefully it’ll be just as gripping as the 500 was. Same Aero package and maybe they’ll even take more downforce off.

@Mikemat5150 I definitely wouldn’t argue with Phoenix and Road America on the schedule. They certainly don’t need any more street tracks and the oval racing this year has been excellent.

Joey-Poey
    Participant

I would not object to Phoenix either. Even though triovals are getting incredibly run-of-the-mill, the nice thing about Phoenix is it’s highly asymmetrical and the kink is on the back stretch instead of the front!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.