IndyCar

Power wins from 12th at Long Beach

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Don
    Participant

Good race. Will is quite amazing. I’d be extremely surprised if he doesn’t win the championship this year.
    He’d be a top contender if he was driving on a good F1 team.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98903

Sato could have had his first podium but was spun on the last lap. Rubens ends up 9th.

Cracking drive by Power, the final few laps when Pagenaud was chasing him down were fantastic. You could see them catching Viso and Power must have been worried when they caught them towards the end of the penultimate lap!

Some good racing today as well. Barrichello looked on course for at least fourth before he had to stop for more fuel – perhaps he’s not quite got used to the fuel-saving yet, that was a problem for him at Miami as well.

But you have to say if Chevrolet can get a result like then when all their cars have had ten-place penalties, they’re looking very strong.

And I have to worry about Franchitti. He went backwards from pole position, he seems unhappy with the car and he’s obviously unhappy with the rules change regarding blocking. I wonder how disillusioned he is with it at the moment – especially after the circumstances in which he won the title last year.

Guilherme
    Participant

I was really gutted Rubens had to pit again at the end of the race. It would be really amazing if he could finish 4th after starting 21st. Rubens really needs to get to understand what he must do to avoid these stops at the end of the race. And I really didn’t understand what happened at the end. Was it Castroneves who spun Rubens? How did they decide who finished in which position of those four who were stuck in the hairpin?

Anyway, great racing, great pace from Power and Pagenaud. And I agree with @keithcollantine on Dario Franchitti. I’ve just started watching IndyCar this year and looking at his record alone, I thought he would be always right at the top. I don’t know about what he thinks about these blocking rules though, as I’m new to the sport.

Really looking forward to São Paulo now!

Don
    Participant

Yes, it was a very entertaining race. It’s going to be very interesting to see how huge Rubens will be in Sao Paulo. Can’t wait.

Adam Tate
    Participant

Rubens should be even better in Sao Paulo!
    Over all it was a very good race, Power looks the man to beat.

I do have to agree with everyone’s concern about Franchitti. It is sad seeing him struggle like this. I think you are right about him being disillusioned Keith, but he does have Ashley Judd to go home to!! That must help a little bit ;)

Video highlights from the race:

Slr
    Participant

I thought the win was Sato’s for sure, Power’s fuel saving was amazing. Very happy to see Barrichello racing well, but he could use some tips from Power on fuel saving. Also the track getting blocked at the end was really stupid.

Don
    Participant

WP’s ability to run faster than everyone else and save fuel at the same time is quite amazing. He is the master of stretching out the last drops of methanol. I believe anyone else in the car would have ran out before the end, or gave up the lead and possibly missed a podium finish. Great job Will!

joac21
    Participant

i just hate this damn fuel saving…. but at the same time it would be nice if pagenaud would catch him and have a good scrap. barrichello is starting to dissapoint me

Don
    Participant

I predict Rubens will not win a race, even though he has the preferred power plant. Many outstanding drivers in IndyCar.

AndrewTanner
    Participant

I enjoyed the race and I was really rooting for Pagenaud. After we were denied a full on Alonso/Perez battle in Malaysia for F1 I thought the powers that might be would be kind to us in California, nevermind!

Barrichello had a good race. What happened with Bourdais? Was it engine trouble? I remember seeing him parked up?

Joey-Poey
    Participant

I’m actually pretty pleased with Ruby’s results so far. Despite a disappointing first race, the second two have shown he’s getting a handle on things. I think you’ll continue to see him move up the field as the road/street courses continue this year. Ovals, though, are a giant question mark.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.