IndyCar

Remembering Greg Moore, 15 years after.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

It’s hard to imagine how drastically different the racing landscape of racing would be today if Greg Moore were still with us.

Five times a race winner in CART including a career highlight of winning the 1998 U.S. 500 at Michigan International Speedway, the Indy Lights champion of 1995, the seeming heir apparent to the throne in Canadian motorsports after Jacques Villeneuve and Paul Tracy, and a Penske Racing contract in place from 2000 and onwards.

Too many stories like his are left unfinished. Fifteen years are fifteen years too many without him around.

MatK77
    Participant

Great Robin Miller piece on the Racer site this week:

Here

I was lucky enough to see him at several races during his time in CART, a seriously talented bloke.

R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

I remember a race at Homestead Miami Speedway, 1998, it was him and Michael Andretti dueling for the win. In the end, Andretti won, but Moore put up a huge fight.

His was the first death that hit hard, the first time a driver I recognized was killed at the wheel.

Damon
    Participant

Wow, such a long time already!
    I remember that crash with great detail. The next Monday I was so shaken up at school (I was 16yo), I sketched the wreckage in my notebook several times. Greg Moore had been becoming my favourite racing driver.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.